Master of Science
Doctor of Nursing Practice
Doctor of Philosophy
Advanced Practice Clinical Certificates
Educator Certificate Program
Enrollment Requirements for Graduate Nursing Students
The KU School of Nursing partners with numerous health care agencies in the Kansas City area and other communities in Kansas and Missouri, to provide students with clinical/residency/practicum learning experiences. In order to maintain JACAHO accreditation, the agencies require all persons who are involved in patient care activities to meet certain requirements for registered nurse licensure, criminal background checks and other healthcare related checks.
All new students admitted to graduate programs in nursing must meet the following requirements prior to initial enrollment in nursing courses, and then must maintain throughout their program of study. Detailed information and instructions for completing the enrollment requirements are provided to new students upon an offer of admission.
- Mandatory attendance at the New Graduate Student Orientation for MS and DNP programs. Orientation is offered on-campus at the KU Medical Center campus in Kansas City. The orientation program is scheduled during the week prior to the start of semester classes.
- Criminal background check
- Proof of registered nurse licensure in both Kansas and Missouri
- Clinical Orientation Training and Examination (conducted online)
- Student Health Requirements: Proof of last physical examination, health insurance, current immunizations for MMR, Chickenpox, Hepatitis B, Tetanus-Diphtheria.
- Color Blindness Screen
- Current BLS Affirmation
- Missouri Caregiver Documentation
- Confidentiality Statement
- HIPAA Agreement Form
- PROFITS Statement
- On-line training modules for HIPAA, Harassment, Safety and Computer Security
Questions? Contact Us!
The University of Kansas School of Nursing
Office of Student Affairs
Mail Stop 2029
3901 Rainbow Blvd.
Kansas City, KS 66160
top of page