|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Univerrsity of Tennessee-Knoxville
Student Counseling Center
• Providing clinical services, such as individual, couples, and group psychotherapy, intake interviews and crisis intervention
• Supervising and training of pre-doctoral interns, graduate assistants, advanced practicum clinicians and practicum clinicians
• Participating in community intervention efforts, such as serving on university committees, developing liaison relationships, providing workshops or training, providing consultation, developing public health campaigns, and/or assisting with university events/fairs
• Participating on SCC committees to enhance services provided to the campus community
• Other related duties as assigned
• Doctorate in counseling or clinical psychology from APA-accredited program (ABD with clear completion date will be considered)
• Successful completion of an APA-accredited internship
• Tennessee license eligibility
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to multiculturalism
• Knowledge of developmental issues of college students
• Effective therapist with generalist clinical skills and demonstrated experience assessing and intervening with a range of clinical issues and complex diagnostic concerns
• Commitment to and experience providing supervision and training
• Strong interpersonal skills, including strong oral, written and listening communication capabilities
• Experience working with international, historically underrepresented, and/or underserved student communities
• Experience in a college counseling center
The University of Tennessee is Tennessee’s land-grant university. Founded in 1794, it provides undergraduate, graduate and professional education for approximately 26,500 students. The university campus is located in the heart of Knoxville, the largest city in East Tennessee.
The Cumberland Mountains and the Great Smoky Mountains help provide a moderate climate. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park, less than 40 minutes away, is the country’s most visited national park. The Knoxville area is frequently cited in national surveys as a quality place in which to live. There is an array of educational and cultural opportunities available to area residents. Affordable housing, health care costs below the national average, a low crime rate, and a pleasant climate are factors which make Knoxville an attractive place to live.
Required Application Materials
For consideration, go to https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_knoxville/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=140000001G and electronically submit a letter of application, vita, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references, and unofficial graduate school transcripts.
Review to begin February 17th
August 2014 0 July negotiable
Send Applications To:
1800 Volunteer Blvd.
Knoxville, TN 37996
This listing expires on: