|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Senior Director I
University of North Texas
Counseling & Testing Center
Commensurate with experience
Counseling & Testing Services (CTS) at the University of North Texas is a comprehensive center tasked with the responsibility to provide short-term counseling and consultation to students, while serving as a training site for doctoral practicum students (from the psychology department). Counseling & Testing Services (CTS) also administers psychological, career, and national tests such as the GRE, TOEFL, SAT, ACT, CLEP, LSAT, TExES, and GED.
The Counseling and Testing Center at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Senior Director I to join their team.
The Director will report directly to the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs, and has the responsibility for:
* Administering and managing overall operations of Counseling and Testing Services including formulation and approval of department goals; staff supervision; and budget development and allocation.
* Serving as Chief Testing Administrator while working with the Testing Coordinator to oversee testing operations, including national and computer based testing as well as psychological and career testing.
* Working collaboratively with the diverse and interdisciplinary Counseling Service staff to formulate, organize, and administer policy for all phases of operation including delivery of counseling, outreach and consultation services, training, supervision, staff and program development.
* Ensuring appropriate recruitment, hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation of 14 professional staff, practicum students and undergraduate student employees.
* 24/7 crisis intervention and response to UNT students, which may include walk-ins and on-call services. Consultation with administrators, faculty and staff as needed.
* Providing and leading clinical supervision efforts for psychologist trainees and new staff psychologists, includes monitoring licensure of staff as appropriate.
* Development, implementation and supervision of an APA-accredited doctoral internship program and training site in professional psychology.
* Directing the strategic and operational activities of the department having a campus wide impact with services that are core to university operations, including ongoing assessment of services.
* Oversight and coordination over strategic communication and marketing projects, outreach, education and partnership development. Efforts may include presentations, workshops, symposiums, and outreach activities focused on stress management, relationships, and support for underrepresented students (e.g. LGBTQ, Veteran, and First Generation students), suicide prevention and other relevant topics related to the well-being of all UNT students.
* Active participation on the University CARE Team, a behavior intervention team, which provides threat, mental, and behavioral health assessment related to students of concern.
*Counseling and Testing Services (CTS) is in the process of working to obtain IACS Accreditation.
UNT is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunities (including provisions for training, development, transfer and promotion) for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, or veteran’s status.
Earned doctorate in counseling or clinical psychology, minimum of five years post-doctorate experience in a university counseling center, with at least 3 years of progressive experience. Must be licensed or eligible to be licensed as psychologist in Texas.
Licensed or eligible to become a licensed psychologist in the State of Texas.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* At least 5 years as an administrator in university counseling center
As one of the nation’s largest public universities and the most comprehensive in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, we are dedicated to providing an excellent educational experience to a diverse student body of over 36,000 students. UNT is a student-focused public research university with 12 colleges and schools offering 97 bachelors, 81 masters and 35 doctoral degree programs, many nationally and internationally recognized. With more than 400 student organizations, NCAA Division I athletics and an array of concerts presented by our world-renowned College of Music, there’s something for everyone at UNT. UNT provides a traditional college experience and the quality of a private university at an affordable cost. UNT has been named by Forbes as one of America’s 100 Best College Buys® for 17 consecutive years, the state’s most affordable research university, according to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and The Princeton Review named us a "Best in the West "university
Required Application Materials
Please submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with the online application.
Open Until Filled-Applications will be reviewed as they are received
Send Applications To:
Denton, TX 76203
This listing expires on: