|Positions in Counseling Centers|
University of North Texas
Counseling & Testing Center
Commensurate with experience
The Counseling and Testing Center at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Professional Services Provider as a Counseling Psychologist. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Provide personal and career counseling to a diverse student population
* Supervise and train practicum students
* Conduct group counseling
* Participate in emergency phone coverage evenings and weekends
* Present workshops in areas of expertise and make presentations to specific groups
* Consult with faculty, staff, and concerned others
* Licensure must be obtained within two years of the starting date as a requirement for employment and employee must maintain licensure in Texas in order to continue employment
UNT is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunities (including provisions for training, development, transfer and promotion) for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, or veteran’s status.
Counseling and Testing Services consists of two inter-related parts: The Student Counseling Center (SCC) and Testing Services. We serve the students and community of UNT in support of the mission of the University.
Through the Student Counseling Center services, we strive to support the academic success and general well-being of UNT students through professional counseling, career counseling, consultation, mental-health screenings, educational programs and self-help resources as well as referral services. We provide consultation to students, parents, faculty and staff who may be concerned about a UNT student (while still respecting the confidentiality of our clients).
With client permission, we often work closely with physicians and psychiatrists, the Career Center, Office of Disability Accommodations, and many other helpful resources in order to provide the best overall care. We value diversity and students can expect to be treated in a respectful and accepting manner.
Testing Services provides a wide range of services including traditional admissions testing, computer-based testing, career testing, and other tests.
The successful candidate will possess a Ph.D. in Psychology, Counseling, Clinical or Educational Psychology or "All but Dissertation" (ABD); and one year of related experience required. Requires licensure or eligibility for licensure as a Psychologist in the State of Texas.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Prefer college counseling center experience or predoctoral internship in a college counseling center, community mental health or closely related experience
* Demonstrated knowledge and competence in time-limited treatment modalities, crisis management, career counseling, clinical supervision, and provision of services to a culturally and ethnically diverse student population
* Fluency in Spanish is desirable but not required
* Ability to relate effectively with students, colleagues, faculty, staff, and administrators
* Possess strong student services orientation
* Ability to function within the organizational and administrative structure of a university counseling center
As one of the nationís largest public universities and the most comprehensive in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, we are dedicated to providing an excellent educational experience to our 36,000 students. UNT is a student-focused public research university with 12 colleges and schools offering 97 bachelorís, 81 masterís and 35 doctoral degree programs, many nationally and internationally recognized.
Located just north of the DallasĖFort Worth metroplex (about 30 minutes north of the DFW airport) on Interstate 35, Denton is known for its active music life; the North Texas State Fair and Rodeo and the Denton Arts and Jazz Festival attract over 300,000 people to the city each year. The city experiences mild winters and relatively few extreme weather events.
Required Application Materials
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter, a list of three professional references, and three letters of recommendation (merged as one file) with the online application.
Open Until Filled
Send Applications To:
Pamela Flint, Ph.D.
Denton, TX 76203
This listing expires on: