|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Staff Psychologist/Assessment Coordinator
Georgia Institute of Technology
The Georgia Tech Counseling Center invites applications for a full-time (12-month) staff psychologist position. This position will also provide training in the area of testing and assessment, coordinate the provision of assessment services to students with learning disabilities and ADHD, and supervise the assessment postdoctoral position. The Counseling Center provides individual, group, and couples counseling as well as outreach and consultation to the Georgia Tech campus. The Center is staffed by licensed psychologists and counselors. The Center serves as a pre-doctoral internship and practicum training site for graduate students in counseling and psychology. The Center is accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services (IACS) and the internship program is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) and a member of the Association of Postdoctoral and Psychology Internship Centers (APPIC).
The Counseling Center is a department within the Division of Student Affairs. The Division of Student Affairs is committed to effective, meaningful assessment of all programs and services. The position will be responsible and held accountable for the gathering, interpreting and analyzing of data for the purpose of continuous improvement.
1. Provide initial screenings/intakes, provide individual, group, and couples counseling.
2. Provide crisis intervention and after-hours emergency on-call coverage.
3. Provide outreach and consultation to campus community.
4. Coordinate provision of LD and ADHD assessments and services to students.
5. Establish liaisons with various campus organizations/groups.
6. Provide supervision and training for graduate practicum students and pre-doctoral interns.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Doctorate in counseling or clinical psychology from an APA accredited program.
2. Currently licensed or licensed within one (1) year of hire in the state of Georgia as a psychologist.
3. Prefer at least 2 years of previous experience in college/university counseling center setting.
4. Experience in providing LD and ADHD assessments.
5. Ability to work collaboratively with others and with other departments within the Division of Student Affairs as well as other campus/academic departments.
6. Demonstrated cultural competence in working with a diverse student population (e.g., race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability).
The Georgia Institute of Technology is one of the best research universities in the U.S. We are renowned for our deeply-held commitment to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Georgia Tech is an innovative intellectual environment with nearly 1,000 full-time instructional faculty and more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
The Institute is a national and international leader in scientific and technological research and education. Over the past decade, overall research expenditures increased 89 percent to $689 million in 2012, while federal research expenditures increased 138 percent. Georgia Tech continues to rank among the top 10 in research expenditures among universities without a medical school.
Our faculty and students are focused on solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges: clean and sustainable energy, disease diagnosis and treatment, national defense and security, and many others.
Georgia Tech is regularly ranked as one of the top ten public universities in the United States by U.S. News & World Report.
Atlanta is the capital city of the Southeast, a city of the future with strong ties to its past. The old in new Atlanta is the soul of the city, the heritage that enhances the quality of life in a contemporary city.
For more than four decades, Atlanta has been linked to the civil rights movement. Civil rights leaders moved forward; they were the visionaries who saw a new South, a new Atlanta.
In the past two decades, Atlanta has experienced unprecedented growth -- the official city population remains steady, at about 420,000, but the metro population has grown in the past decade by nearly 40 percent, from 2.9 million to 4.1 million people. A good measure of this growth is the ever-changing downtown skyline, along with skyscrapers constructed in the Midtown, Buckhead, and outer perimeter (fringing I-285) business districts.
Required Application Materials
Interested persons MUST submit their application online. To submit an application, please visit the following link: http://www.careers.gatech.edu/career-paths/staff-opportunities-taleo and search for requisition # 0169292 In addition, three (3) letters of reference and official transcripts MUST be forwarded to the address below: Ruperto M. Perez, PhD Search Committee Chair Counseling Center Georgia Institute of Technology 353 Ferst Drive Atlanta, GA 30332
Application deadline is March 21, 2014.
Anticipated starting date for the position is September, 2014, contingent upon funding and background check.
Send Applications To:
Ruperto M. Perez, PhD
Georgia Tech Counseling Center, 353 Ferst Drive, Ste. #238
Atlanta, GA 30332
This listing expires on: