|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Case Manager/Mental Health Counselor
Lewis & Clark College
The Case Manager/Mental Health Counselor assists students facing crises, life traumas, and other barriers that impede personal and academic stability and success by coordinating prevention, intervention, and support services across campus, community, and family systems. To this end, the Case Manager supports students by assessing their personal and academic needs; arranges for access and referrals to appropriate medical or mental health care; helps students comply with treatment plans and/or college behavioral expectations; evaluates threat and assesses risk to self and/or the community; maintains ongoing contact with students to address needs; fosters self-advocacy in students to manage their academic, personal and fiscal responsibilities; and advocates for students individually and systemically. The position is first and foremost a case management position, with a special focus on students who are experiencing some sort of health or safety crisis. The Case Manager/Mental Health Counselor will also provide a limited amount of ongoing personal and academic counseling to students.
The Counselor will work about 32 hours/week, 10 months each year, from about mid-August to mid-June. This position is eligible for benefits.
Position will be reduced to 24 hours/week, 10 months in February of 2018.
Lewis & Clark is an equal opportunity employer. Lewis & Clark will perform background checks on the final candidate. February 3, 2014 is the preferred start date for the position.
See https://jobs.lclark.edu/postings/4125 for a full listing of job duties.
1. Masterís Degree in social work, counseling, psychology, marriage and family therapy, or related field.
2. Licensed as a social worker, professional counselor, marriage and family therapist, or psychologist in Oregon; or license-eligible by March 1, 2014.
3. Two years experience in mental health counseling.
4. Two years experience working with college-age individuals.
5. Experience with crisis intervention, including suicide risk and substance abuse assessment.
6. Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
7. Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, planning, organization, and administrative skills.
8. Ability to flexibly manage the professional demands of a challenging workload.
9. Ability to collaborate effectively with on-campus and off-campus partners.
10. Ability to provide counseling services to college students within a short-term model.
1. Experience as a case manager, preferably in a college setting.
2. Experience providing mental health services in a college setting.
Located on 137 deeply wooded acres in Portland’s southwest hills, Lewis and Clark College offers baccalaureate studies in the arts, humanities, and sciences, and graduate and professional studies in education, counseling, and law. The college enrolls about 3,500 students. In all its endeavors, college faculty and staff vigorously pursue the aims of all liberal learning: to seek knowledge for its own sake and to strengthen civic leadership.
Lewis and Clark College is located in a wooded, residential area six miles from downtown Portland, Oregon, with the Pacific Ocean 80 miles to the west and Mount Hood and Cascade Mountains 50 miles to the east. Portland is a beautiful city for work and play, and close to many recreational opportunities.
Required Application Materials
Review of applications will begin on January 13 and continue until the position is filled.
Send Applications To:
Portland, OR 97219
This listing expires on: