|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Student Psychological Counselor
The City College of New York
The Counseling Center
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Provides student counseling services as a member of a team.
- Provides psychological counseling to individuals and groups of students
- Performs crisis intervention for emergency situations
- Performs intake and assessment for personal counseling services
- Consults with instructional and administrative staff regarding student mental health issues; may prepare and present outreach initiatives and workshops
- Participates in recommending improvements that will impact the counseling center’s effectiveness
- Performs related duties as assigned
Higher Education Associate
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
- Identify areas of need (regarding mental health and wellness) on campus and recommend ways to meet those needs.
- Create and promote counseling groups that focus on the development of various coping skills.
- Professionally support campus Wellness and Counseling Campaigns through outreach and workshop development and implementation.
- Advise, participate in, and assist with developing campus responses to tragic world events that might affect CCNY students.
- Provide clinical supervision for graduate student externs.
- Make and track appropriate referrals to outside resources.
A Doctoral degree in Psychology to include Ph.D. and Psy.D. programs
NYS license or license eligible.
In addition, six years’ professional experience is required for all candidates.
Proficient understanding of student needs and behavior in higher education systems, experience with diverse populations, knowledge of residential college life and excellent interpersonal skills required as well as attention to detail and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects. Clinical orientations that focus on short-term, solution focused, coping skills development strongly preferred. Experience with and openness to therapeutic case management highly valued. Spanish Speaking/Bilingual preferred.
For more information about The City College of New York, see our web site at: www.ccny.cuny.edu
Required Application Materials
Please apply as follows: - Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment" - Click "Search job listings" - Click on "More search options" - Search by Job Opening ID number - Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions. Please note that you must upload a cover letter, resume, and two references as ONE document in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
CLOSING DATE 2/15/2014
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: