|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Counseling/Clinical Psychologist with Rank of Assistant Professor
University of Idaho
Counseling & Testing Center
The University of Idaho Counseling and Testing Center (CTC) is seeking a colleague to join our faculty of seven psychologists, expand the diversity of our Center, and demonstrate a commitment to promoting and enhancing inclusiveness and diversity. The position is a 12-month, tenure-track position. We are looking for generalists, although demonstrated interest and experience with multicultural supervision and training and/or LD/ADHD assessment are priorities.
• Doctorate in counseling/clinical psychology or related field from an APA accredited program. ABD, with solid completion date, will be considered. Eligibility for licensure as a psychologist within two years in the State of Idaho
• Demonstrated ability and experience in counseling adults
• Experience in a college or university counseling center
• Demonstrated interest, knowledge, skills, and experience in multicultural counseling, training, and outreach and the ability to relate to diverse and under represented populations, including people of color, sexual minorities (LGBTQ students), and individuals with disabilities
Must: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.*
· APA accredited internship
· Internship in college or university counseling center
· Experience in conducting psychoeducational assessment for LD/ADHD
· Experience supervising graduate practicum or internship students
· Experience in scholarly activity (professional presentations, research, publications)
· Ability to speak a second language (preferably Spanish)
· Experience in other related areas such as outreach, crisis intervention, substance abuse, group counseling, couples counseling
· Ability to relate collegially and collaboratively with others
Founded in 1889, the University of Idaho is a comprehensive land-grant institution, with the principal responsibility for research and the granting of the Ph.D. degree in Idaho. The main residential campus is located in Moscow, Idaho and the UI maintains resident instruction centers and extension offices throughout the state. The UI offers more than 140 undergraduate degree programs and awards Bachelor’s, Master’s, Ph.D., and Juris Doctorate degrees. Academic programs are offered through nine colleges: Total enrollment is over 12,500 students, 25% of which are graduate and professional students. The student population represents all 50 states and 92 countries.
The University of Idaho and the CTC are committed to a campus community enriched by diversity. Campus diversity resources and programs include the Office of Multicultural Affairs, the College Assistance Migrant Program, the Native American Student Center, federally funded TRiO programs to provide academic assistance to underrepresented groups, Disability Services, the Women’s Center (one of the longest running in the nation), Veteran’s Affairs, and the LGBTQA Center.
Moscow is a university town, home to over 23,000 residents and students. The area boasts a highly skilled and educated work force employed by Moscow’s many thriving businesses and the University of Idaho as well as Washington State University just eight miles across the state line in Pullman, Washington. Moscow has a vibrant social justice community as well, led by the Moscow Human Rights Commission.
In addition to Moscow’s fine business and educational reputation, the City’s arts community has gained national attention. The Lionel Hampton International Jazz Festival, Festival Dance, Idaho Repertory Theatre, Renaissance Fair, Rendezvous in the Park, Artwalk and the Prichard Art Gallery are reasons why Moscow is known as the "Heart of the Arts." Moscow has also been rated as one of the "Best 100 Small Art Towns in America."
Required Application Materials
Complete the online application at https://www.sites.uidaho.edu/AppTrack/Agency/Applicant/ViewAnnouncement.asp?announcement_no=10000044902 Include a cover letter addressing your related experience and the required and desired qualifications, curriculum vitae, and official graduate transcripts. Three letters of reference, at least two of which are from clinical supervisors, and any materials that cannot be submitted online should be sent to: Radhika Sehgal, PhD Chair Counseling & Testing Center 875 Perimeter Drive, MS 3140 University of Idaho Moscow, Idaho 83844-3140 To enrich education through diversity, the University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
To receive “first consideration,” please submit all application materials by February 7th, 2014. Following initial review of “first consideration” applicant pool, job posting may be re-posted and/or un-posted until position is filled.
Send Applications To:
Radhika Sehgal, PhD
875 Perimeter Dr., MS 3140, Univ of Idaho
Moscow, ID 83844-3140
This listing expires on: