|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Student Psychological Counselor
Provides student counseling services as a member of a team.
- Provides psychological counseling to individuals and groups of students
- Performs crisis intervention for emergency situations
- Performs intake and assessment for personal counseling services
- Consults with instructional and administrative staff regarding student mental health issues; may prepare and present outreach initiatives and workshops
- Participates in recommending improvements that will impact the counseling centerís effectiveness
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Student Psychological Counselor
Higher Education Associate
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Director of Counseling, the successful candidate will support students in Student Development courses and other support services as assigned. He/she will participate in Divisional activities including new student orientation and "Study Up íTil Midnight" programming. The successful candidate will also serve on committees as required.
A Doctoral degree in Psychology to include Ph.D. and Psy.D. programs
A Masterís degree in an appropriate discipline for person or psychological counseling and a New York State license as a mental health practitioner (social work, psychology, or mental health counseling).
In addition, six yearsí professional experience is required for all candidates.
Candidates with the doctoral degree in an appropriate discipline are highly preferred.
Required Application Materials
Please submit your application online through this job board as follows: - Go to www.cuny.edu and click on Employment - Click on Job Postings on CUNYfirst - Click Search job listings - Click on More search options - Search by Job Opening ID number 7988 - Click on the Apply Now button. In order to be considered for this position, applicants must include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references. Please upload these as ONE document in rtf, doc, or pdf format.
December 14, 2013
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: