|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Associate Director for Clinical Services
University of South Florida
The Associate Director reports to the Director of the Counseling Center in Student Affairs. The Center is composed of 23 professionals, including licensed psychologists, licensed social workers, licensed mental health clinicians, psychiatrists, a psychometrist and pre- and post-doctoral psychology interns. The Center also employs support staff and typically supports and/or trains numerous advanced graduate students. The Center provides direct services to students, serves as a setting for advanced training and applied graduate programs, and provides consultative services to academic, administrative, and other service units in the University. This Associate Director position will be an administrative and core clinical position directly serving the mental health needs of the University community.
• This position will lead the development and maintenance of clinical policies and procedures to ensure adherence to best practices, applicable state and federal statutes, local health and safety laws and regulations, student affairs risk management policies, and professional codes of ethics.
• Serves as the point person for all incoming clinical concerns, requests for records, and consultation with clinical and psychiatric staff as needed for coordination of care.
• Along with the case management team maintains liaison relationships with university organizations and local mental health care resources.
• Supervises all coordinators of clinical service components including therapy groups, case management, psychological testing, and specialty services in substance abuse, eating disorders, and so forth.
• Chairs the clinical services committee, is responsive to clinical services issues as they arise, and provides leadership in clinical outcome assessment and quality assurance.
• Serves on the Counseling Center Administrative Team along with the Director and Assistant Director of Training.
• In absence of the Director will supervise all operations in accordance with Counseling Center policies and procedures, participate in student affairs leadership and other duties as assigned.
• Is expected to be active in professional associations including but not limited to the American Psychological Association and Association for the Coordination of Counseling Center Clinical Services in order to remain current with innovations in provision of clinical services to university students.
• In addition to the administrative duties described above, this clinician will maintain licensure as a psychologist and may provide;
o supervision and training within the APA accredited doctoral internship and post-doctoral fellowship programs
o Crisis and emergency services, individual, couples, and group psychotherapy, clinical consultation, and prevention and intervention programming.
• An earned doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited program/internship
• Licensed or license eligible as a psychologist in the state of Florida
• A minimum of three (3) years post-licensure experience in a university counseling center
• Strong clinical, management, collaboration, and interpersonal skills along with a commitment to diversity and multicultural competence
• Ability to handle complex crises and/or clinical situations and to provide related supervision, training, and consultation to staff and faculty on an as needed basis
• Interest and ability to work in a fast paced organization and facilitate positive change
• Administrative and supervisory experience
• Strong critical thinking and organizational skills required to develop and maintain policies, procedures, and clinical delivery systems for the agency
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Experience in outcome assessment, quality assurance, or clinical program development and evaluation
• Demonstrated commitment to the highest ethical standards of professional practice and cultural competence
The University of South Florida is a high-impact, global research university located in beautiful Tampa Bay on Florida’s spectacular west coast. It is one of the largest public universities in the nation, and among the top 50 universities, public or private, for federal research expenditures. The university is one of only four Florida public universities classified by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching in the top tier of research universities, a distinction attained by only 2.3 percent of all universities.
At the heart of USF is a vibrant, diverse and engaged student body. More than 47,000 students are enrolled in the USF System, a system of three separately accredited institutions – USF Tampa, USF St. Petersburg and USF Sarasota-Manatee – with an annual budget of $1.5 billion and an annual economic impact of $3.7 billion. The university’s main Tampa campus is home to USF Health, including the Colleges of Medicine, Nursing, Public Health and Pharmacy.
With over 230 degree programs at the undergraduate, graduate, specialty and doctoral levels, including the doctor of medicine, there’s something for everyone at USF. The university offers a dynamic learning environment that inspires innovation, creativity and collaboration and is focused on student success. More than 2,000 distinguished scholars, researchers and expert teachers, nearly all holding PhDs or the highest degrees in their fields, make up the USF faculty – including the 2012 U.S. Professor of the Year.
USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference, with 17 men’s and women’s varsity teams competing at the NCAA-level. New facilities for practice and competition, along with a completely renovated USF Sun Dome, put the university’s athletic facilities on par with virtually every top program in the country. For more information about USF please visit: http://www.usf.edu/
With more than 16,000 employees in the USF System, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of our employees. We believe in creating a talented, engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first class benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more.
To learn more about working at USF please visit: Work Here. Learn Here. Grow Here.
Required Application Materials
cover letter, CV, three references This position is subject to a criminal background check.
open until filled
negotiable, prefer early 2014
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: