|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Madison Area Technical College
$53,322 - $88,936
The following are duties typically expected of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Provides personal, solution-focused counseling and crisis intervention to address a wide range of personal-social-psychological developmental needs of Madison College’s diverse student population.
2. Provides academic counseling to address a wide range of academic developmental needs of Madison College’s diverse student population.
3. Provides career counseling to address a wide range of career developmental needs of Madison College’s diversity student population, especially the returning adult student populations.
4. Provides comprehensive assessments, case planning, and management of an array of student presenting needs and concerns.
5. Conducts intake interviews with students who request counseling services and completes the required clinical documentation via our electronic recordkeeping system within the same day.
6. Assists with the planning, development, implementation and coordination of outreach and programming related to the prevention of alcohol and other substance abuse and college student mental health.
7. Provides instruction and develops curriculum for credit and non-credit courses (e.g., College Success, Career Development, Educational Effectiveness, Interpersonal Effectiveness-Relationships, Conflict Resolution, etc.).
8. Provides consultation to faculty and staff regarding student development and success strategies and concerns.
9. Observes professional, ethical codes of conduct and legal requirements relevant to the counseling profession.
10. Counsels students regarding student code of conduct issues, formal and informal conflict resolution strategies, and judiciary affairs.
11. Designs retention programs focused on the developmental needs of college students.
12. Designs and implements appropriate program assessment processes to support continuous program improvement strategies.
13. Completes activity reports, case notes, and maintains files in a timely fashion to demonstrate accountability.
14. Completes and implements Professional Growth Review Plan.
15. Participates in and provides staff development programs and training, serves on Madison College committees, and attends advisory committee/staff meetings of various program areas.
16. Maintains Wisconsin Technical College System certification as a Counselor.
17. Develops relationships with external agency representatives to support students in attaining community based services such as additional mental health and psychiatric care, medical resources, financial assistance and legal advocacy.
18. Complies with all aspects of Board policies, work rules, and the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
19. Demonstrates a commitment to the college values of excellence, respect and integrity.
1. Master’s Degree in guidance and counseling or Master’s Degree in Education with an emphasis in mental health and counseling (20 credits in counseling).
2. Two years (4,000 hours) of occupational work experience outside the field of education.
3. Two years (4,000 hours) of counseling experience.
4. Bilingual Spanish/English
5. Licensed or license eligible as professional counselor or related field in the state of Wisconsin.
This is a full time position beginning with the Spring 2014 semester.
Starting salary $53,322 – $88,936 depending on qualifications and experience. Salary is based on a nine-month teaching contract and will be pro-rated accordingly. Newly hired Counselors serve a three-year probationary period.
Counselors also work an additional 6 weeks in the summer.
Madison College provides a generous benefit package. This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement, including a fair share provision.
Start date: January 2, 2014.
Required Application Materials
1.Resume 2.Cover Letter 3.Transcripts
January 2, 3012
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: