|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Director of Student Counseling Center
Jewish Theological Seminary
Commensurate with Experience
The Jewish Theological Seminary is seeking a part time Director of Student Counseling Center.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leadership and development of the counseling center procedures, policies and services.
• Provide direct clinical services including individual and group therapy to both graduate and undergraduate students.
• Develop and implement outreach, training and psycho educational programming for students, faculty and staff.
• Leadership, supervision and consultation to clinical staff.
• Provide consultation to faculty, staff and administration.
• Participate in multidisciplinary teams and serve on appropriate campus committees.
• Support and train residence hall staff
• Availability to handle off-hour emergencies and crises.
• Doctorate Degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from APA approved program
• Minimum of three years of clinical experience in a college or university center or comparable mental health setting with at least one year of administrative and or supervisory experience in aforementioned setting.
• Must be licensed Psychologist in NY State.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Experience providing general mental health services such as individual and group therapy, crisis intervention and case management.
• Demonstrated ability to handle complex clinical situations such as severe psychopathology and suicide assessments.
• Understand ethical and legal issues as applied to the provision of clinical services.
Commensurate with experience.
Three days per week plus availability for after hours emergencies
Please submit a letter of interest, highlighting related training and employment experiences, a resume and a list of three professional references to the following address. NY State license number should also be in included.
The Jewish Theological Seminary
Office of Human Resources
New York, NY 10027
• Five years of experience in providing short-term individual, group and crisis counseling to undergraduate and graduate students including at least two years of administrative and/or supervisory experience
• Experience in providing agency based leadership
• Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team of clinical, academic and student service providers.
• Familiarity with Conservative Judaism and understanding of the needs of students studying to become religious leaders and Jewish educators.
• Experience working with a diverse student population including adult learners and GLBT students.
The Jewish Theological Seminary, the intellectual and religious center of Conservative Judaism:
1) serves as the preeminent center for the academic study of Judaica outside of Israel, as one of the preeminent centers world-wide and as a training center for scholars to advance that study;
2) educates Jewish professionals and lay leadership in the spirit of Conservative Judaism for the total community through academic and religious programs, both formal and informal.
Required Application Materials
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to HrDept@jtsa.edu.
Until position is filled.
Send Applications To:
New York, NY 10027
This listing expires on: