|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Counseling Psychologist: Professional Service Provider I
University of North Texas
Counseling and Testing Services
commensurate with experience
The Counseling and Testing Center at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Professional Services Provider I as a Counseling Psychologist. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Full time position
* Provide personal and career counseling to a diverse student population
* Supervise and train practicum students
* Conduct group counseling
* Participate in emergency phone coverage, evenings and weekends
* Present workshops in areas of expertise and make presentations to specific groups with some evenings/weekends
* Consult with faculty, staff, and concerned others
* Texas Licensure must be obtained within two years of the starting date as a requirement for employment and employee must maintain licensure in Texas in order to continue employment
* Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess a Ph.D. in Psychology, Counseling, Clinical or Educational Psychology or "All but Dissertation" (ABD); and one year of related experience required. Requires licensure or eligibility for licensure as a Psychologist in the State of Texas.
* Degree from APA approved program and APA approved Internship
* Prefer college counseling center experience or predoctoral internship in a college counseling center, community mental health or closely related experience
* Demonstrated knowledge and competence in time-limited treatment modalities, crisis management, career counseling, clinical supervision, and provision of services to a culturally and ethnically diverse student population
* Fluency in Spanish is desirable but not required
* Ability to relate effectively with students, colleagues, faculty, staff, and administrators
* Possess strong student services orientation
* Ability to function within the organizational and administrative structure of a university counseling center
UNT is one of the largest universities in Texas, with over 36000 students, and is located in Denton, Tx. UNT is renown for it’s music and arts programs, but is working on national recognition as a progressive research institution. The Counselng and Testing Services is well integrated into the Division of Student Affairs, and operates under the
Denton, with about 100,00 residents, has the feel of a college town, with many social and recreational ammenities. Denton is a progressive town, with easy access to an internation airport, and all manner of metropolitan conveniences or activities in Dallas or Fort Worth. Numerous outdoor activites and lakes are in the area, as well as professional sports teams, music venues, restaurants, and entertainment opportunities all in a diverse environment.
Required Application Materials
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter, a list of three professional references, and three letters of recommendation (merged as one file) with the online application.
Open until filled, will start reviewing applications on 10/15/2013. APPLICATIONS are to be submitted ONLINE
ASAP but negotiable.
Send Applications To:
Online application process:
Denton, TX 76203
This listing expires on: