|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Staff Psychologist (4 positions)
University of South Florida
$57,000-65,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience
The University of South Florida Counseling Center is seeking staff psychologists with the skills and creativity to share our commitment to excellence and who would enhance the diversity and resources of our staff. We welcome applications from both entry level professionals and those with several years’ experience.
Typical duties of the staff psychologist include:
• Culturally sensitive triage, individual, couples, group and crisis counseling/psychotherapy for USF students over a broad range of concerns and diagnoses, including psychological, social or other difficulties that interfere with student’s academic success
• Crisis intervention management, including on call coverage for a student population
• Risk assessment and mental status evaluation
• Participation in clinical supervision and training for masters, doctoral and post-doctoral level trainees
• Prevention and community intervention (outreach) as well as consultation for the USF faculty and staff.
• Participation in student affairs activities pertinent to student and employee wellbeing, including serving on university committees
Other duties as assigned
Candidates must have an earned doctorate in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited program which includes one year of supervised internship experience in professional psychology. Licensure or license-eligible as a psychologist in the State of Florida (to be obtained within one year of hire). Experience providing short-term individual, and group therapy, emergency assessment and crises intervention. Experience working with a college student population. Experience working with “high risk” difficulties (e.g. suicide, eating disorders, substance abuse, PTSD, trauma). Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team. Employment with the University of South Florida is contingent upon the results of a criminal background check.
Preferred qualities of the candidate include:
• Clinical experience with culturally diverse groups including ethnic minorities (African-American, Latino/a, Asian-American, multiracial, or Native American), LGBTQ students, international students.
• Experience and comfort working with students presenting with eating disorders, substance abuse, or trauma.
• Experience and comfort in the professional use of social media/technology.
• A demonstrated commitment to the highest ethical standards of professional practice
The University of South Florida is a high-impact, global research university located in beautiful Tampa Bay on Florida’s spectacular west coast. It is one of the largest public universities in the nation, and among the top 50 universities, public or private, for federal research expenditures. The university is one of only four Florida public universities classified by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching in the top tier of research universities, a distinction attained by only 2.3 percent of all universities.
At the heart of USF is a vibrant, diverse and engaged student body. More than 47,000 students are enrolled in the USF System, a system of three separately accredited institutions – USF Tampa, USF St. Petersburg and USF Sarasota-Manatee – with an annual budget of $1.5 billion and an annual economic impact of $3.7 billion. The university’s main Tampa campus is home to USF Health, including the Colleges of Medicine, Nursing, Public Health and Pharmacy.
With over 230 degree programs at the undergraduate, graduate, specialty and doctoral levels, including the doctor of medicine, there’s something for everyone at USF. The university offers a dynamic learning environment that inspires innovation, creativity and collaboration and is focused on student success. More than 2,000 distinguished scholars, researchers and expert teachers, nearly all holding PhDs or the highest degrees in their fields, make up the USF faculty – including the 2012 U.S. Professor of the Year.
USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference, with 17 men’s and women’s varsity teams competing at the NCAA Division 1 level. New facilities for practice and competition, along with a completely renovated USF Sun Dome, put the university’s athletic facilities on par with virtually every top program in the country. For more information about USF please visit: http://www.usf.edu/
Working at USF
With more than 16,000 employees in the USF System, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of our employees. We believe in creating a talented, engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first class benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more
Required Application Materials
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position
positions are open until filled.
Negotiable, preferably fall 2013.
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: