|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Coordinator of Campus Alcohol and Substance Awareness
Tuttleman Counseling Services
senior position, commensurate with experience
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Coordinate the campus Alcohol and Substance Awareness (CASA) unit within Tuttleman Counseling Services. This includes providing individual and group counseling and referral services for students struggling with alcohol and other drug abuse as well as other students requesting counseling services. Provide supervision to an assistant coordinator, as well as graduate clinical trainees and other staff as needed. Provide education aimed at the prevention of alcohol and other drug abuse to the university community. Identify individual, group, and environmental factors that contribute to alcohol and other drug abuse within the campus community and the larger society beyond Temple. Participate in departmental and university wide committees that address alcohol and other drug abuse and related areas. Provide consultations to the campus community. Provide outreach and orientation to students. Must be a licensed psychologist in the state of Pennsylvania.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
• Provide individual, group, couples treatment, and family consultation and intervention to Temple students
• Cooperate with other offices in educating the university community about alcohol and other drug abuse.
• Develop and coordinate a network of support services for students struggling with alcohol or other drug abuse.
• Serve as Team Leader for one of the daily walk-in-clinic triage teams.
• Provide crisis intervention; counseling and referral services to Temple students.
• Assist on one of the departmental trauma response teams using Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) Protocols. This requires occasional after hours interventions.
• Carry the departmental on-call cell phone for one week approximately every six weeks to consult with Campus Safety Services, University Housing and Residential Life, and other university administration after hours.
• Maintain appropriate client records and program data.
• Provide referrals to other university offices and outside agencies and practitioners as appropriate.
• Assist in the recruitment, selection, and training of clinical externs, interns, and fellows, and permanent staff when there are vacancies to be filled.
• Work cooperatively with such offices as Campus Security, Student Health, University Housing, the Dean of Student’s Office, and the Sexual Assault Counseling and Education unit in efforts relating to the prevention of alcohol and other drug abuse and sexual assault.
• Assist in the development and implementation of programs on the prevention of alcohol and other drug abuse for all new students, faculty and staff during their respective orientation process.
• Participate in the department’s prevention and intervention efforts through support of campus wide outreach initiatives.
• Assist in orientation to the counseling center for new and transfer students, and parents.
• Develop and present periodic reports on the activities of the CASA unit as requested.
• Evening and/or weekend hours are required, one evening per week and occasional Saturday morning coverage.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Serve as a resource consultant regarding alcohol and other drug abuse for the university community.
• Assist the rest of the TCS staff in Trauma Response efforts using Critical Incident Stress Management protocols.
• Serve on departmental and university-wide committees.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology and three years experience post licensure with a concentration in alcohol and other substance abuse. License eligible in Pennsylvania.
Doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology and licensure as a psychologist in the state of Pennsylvania. Five years or more experience post licensure with a concentration in alcohol or other substance abuse in a college counseling center setting.
Temple University of the Commonwealth System of Higher Education in Pennsylvania is a state-related comprehensive public research university with more than 39,000 students. It has a distinguished faculty in 17 schools and colleges, including schools of Law, Medicine, Pharmacy, Podiatry, and Dentistry, and a renowned Health Sciences Center. Temple is one of Pennsylvania’s three public research universities, along with the University of Pittsburgh and Penn State University. Temple University is the 28th-largest university in the United States, and it is the 6th-largest provider of professional education (law, dentistry, medicine, pharmacy, and podiatric medicine) in the country. It has international campuses in Rome, Italy and Tokyo, Japan. The counseling center is on the main campus in Philadelphia, a vibrant urban campus with 10,000 students living on or near campus.
Temple University’s main campus is the home of Tuttleman Counseling Services. It is a thriving and vibrant urban campus that is a few minutes north of center city Philadelphia, a major metropolitan area with all of the resources and excitement of a large city. Philadelphia is rich in history and has top tier cultural, entertainment, and dining opportunities. It is within easy travelling distance to New York City and Washington D.C. as well as the Pocono Mountains recreational area.
Required Application Materials
Go to the Temple homepage - www.temple.edu Scroll down to the bottom of the page Click on "careers at Temple" Choose "Employees Only" or "Non Employees Only" You can either browse all jobs by clicking on "Find Jobs" or use Requisition # TU-16770 by typing it into the "Search by Job number" box and clicking the "Find Job" button.
September 15th 2013
October 1st or 15th depending on interview date
Send Applications To:
Go to the Temple homepage - www.temple.edu Scroll down to the bottom of the page Click on "careers at Temple" Choose "Employees Only" or "Non Employees Only" You can either browse all jobs by clicking on "Find Jobs" or use Requisition # __________ by typing it into the "Search by Job number" box and clicking the "Find Job" button.
This listing expires on: