|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Position title: Counselor
Classification: Part Time Staff-Hourly
Reports To: Director of Campus counseling Services
Department: Student Services
As part of Campus Counseling Services, this position will provide mental health counseling and assessment services for undergraduate and graduate students at Southeastern University. In addition this position will also provide consultation services to both faculty and staff to address student concerns and aid in the facilitation of external mental health referrals. Successful candidates will be generalists who are multi-culturally affirming and possess competence and experience in working with diverse populations within a college/university environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Other Duties May Be Assigned)
• Provide appropriate services for any self-identified or referred student needing counseling for psychological, emotional or social, concerns.
• Respond to student crises as needed and provide appropriate crisis intervention.
• Develop and facilitate counseling treatment plans in consultation with the Director of Counseling Services which include appropriate assessment, planning, treatment, monitoring and referral.
• Maintain timely, appropriate and accurate records including evaluations, psychotherapy notes, and correspondence related to students served.
• Participate in regular weekly case review meetings.
• Consult with instructional and administrative staff regarding student mental health issues.
• A doctorate in psychology, counseling, or clinical social work or closely-related field
• Experience in mental health counseling and consultation in a college/university setting.
• A minimum of a master’s degree in clinical or counseling psychology, social work, or related field is required.
• Licensed as a professional counselor, clinical social worker or license eligible (registered mental health intern) for the state of Florida.
• Experience in individual and couple counseling, and crisis intervention
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• The ability to form strong working/collaborative relationships with students, faculty, and staff members.
• The ability to relate effectively with diverse members of the University community.
Applicants should send a completed employment application along with cover letter with vitae/resume to:
1000 Longfellow Blvd.
Lakeland, FL 33801
Fax: (863) 667-5200
Southeastern University is a Christian liberal arts university affiliated with the Assemblies of God. Candidates must be compatible with the institution’s Christian mission and purpose. Women, minorities and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Required Application Materials
Send Applications To:
1000 Longfellow Blvd
Lakeland , FL 33801
This listing expires on: