|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Post Masters Clinical Fellow
Bowling Green State University
Post-Masters Clinical Fellows provide counseling and mental health services to students enrolled at BGSU, as well as consultation with faculty, staff, families, and others who may be concerned about students. Services may include individual, group, and couples counseling; crisis intervention; consultation; outreach and psychoeducation; referral; and liaison activities. Fellows also provide training and supervision for mental health trainees who are providing services at the Counseling Center. This is a position is funded through June 30, 2014.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Provide counseling for individuals, groups, and/or couples
• Provide on-call (crisis) and walk-in services
• Engage in clinical consultation with students
Outreach, consultation, and liaison services
• Engage in third-party consultation with faculty, staff, families, students, and others about mental health concerns impacting students
• Facilitate and/or coordinate outreach and psychoeducational programming
• Perform liaison activities – work collaboratively with staff in offices outside the Counseling Center to identify student needs and develop, provide, and/or coordinate mental health services to meet those needs. May be assigned to specific functional areas.
Supervision and training
• Provide training/clinical supervision for Counseling Center trainees, who are enrolled in graduate programs in mental health fields and are providing counseling services to students
• Facilitate training seminars and programs for Counseling Center trainees.
Administration and support
• Coordinate or oversee various activities and/or functions in the Center (e.g., group services, outreach programming, training experiences, electronic record-keeping systems)
• Complete documentation and case management
• Provide service to the Counseling Center, Division of Student Affairs, and University by participating in committee work
• Engage in professional development activities
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
• Strong clinical skills.
• Knowledge of ethics/laws pertaining to the provision of mental health care in the State of Ohio.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and consult as needed.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
Master’s Degree in Mental Health Counseling or Social Work required. Also required completion of pre Master clinical internship. Internship completed at a college/university counseling center preferred. Successful candidate must also be eligible for appropriate licensure as a mental health provider in the state of Ohio.
Pre-Employment Background Check:
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
State-assisted university founded in 1910
1,338 acres with 119 buildings on the main campus, located in Bowling Green, Ohio, 23 miles south of Toledo, adjacent to Interstate 75
Faculty & Staff:
900 full-time faculty on main campus; 45 full-time faculty at BGSU Firelands
1,510 full- and part-time non-teaching staff members
Nearly 20,000 students from 50 states and about 70 foreign nations
3,000 graduate students
18,000 students on the main campus
2,500 students at BGSU Firelands
1,880 undergraduates over the age of 25
530 evening students on the main campus
2,970 African-American, Native American, Hispanic and Asian-Pacific Island students
620 international students
59 percent of students graduate within six years of first enrolling
Semester system with multiple summer sessions
More than 200 undergraduate majors and programs, 47 master’s degree programs and 17 doctoral degree programs
BGSU Firelands offers 4 certificate programs, 14 associate degree programs representing 23 areas of study, 8 bachelor’s degree programs and 2 master’s degree programs
Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
Arts & Sciences
Education & Human Development
Health & Human Services
With mile upon mile of shorelines, islands and riverbanks shaping the terrain almost wherever you turn, the Toledo Region abounds in striking geographies and abundant nature. More species of freshwater fish and birds make their home here than just about anywhere else in the nation, and an impressive string of parks and reserves makes all this wildlife readily accessible.
Generations of the region’s residents and their neighbors recognized their region’s rare combination of opportunity and beauty and made the commitment to strike deep, lasting roots here. The cultural and social investments they made, and the distinctive neighborhoods and communities they created, remain to welcome new generations today.
For people looking for a true sense of belonging in an era of upheaval and change, the Toledo Region extends a particular welcome. Here, the remarkable combination of affordability and accessibility that one finds only at rare moments and places converges to create a quality of life that others can only dream of.
And that’s entirely right for a region that will attract and retain the best talents from elsewhere as well as within as the heart of the New Manufacturing Economy, where good ideas can reach global proportions, and life can be good every step of the way.
Required Application Materials
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email or regular mail to the addresses listed below. (Credentials must be received by the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.) Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s website at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety
August 30, 2013
Send Applications To:
Office of Human Resources (Search J-62616)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0201
This listing expires on: