|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
College of Southern Nevada
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
$73,196 - $84,128.
We are seeking to add to our small but very dedicated, collaborative, creative and energetic CAPS staff. The right fit for this position will have a passion for our profession, a capacity to adapt and grow, a good sense of humor, and the confidence to work as an interdependent entity in a multi-campus institution.
Candidates must be currently licensed in their home state, jurisdiction or country and must be eligible to be licensed as a Psychologist in the State of Nevada within one year of hire. Candidates should have strong generalist clinical skills and be experienced individual, group, couples and crisis therapists. More competitive candidates will have demonstrated cultural competence, success working with college students in a brief therapy format and a predilection for outreach.
This position includes:
• Provision of high quality and culturally competent short-term therapy for individuals, groups and couples regarding a broad range of presentations within a college student population
• Efficient and effective oversight of assigned location/office including: personnel, clinical files and service delivery.
• Development, delivery, evaluation and coordination of psycho-educational and developmental outreach programs and workshops for students, staff, and faculty
• Crisis intervention, consultation and direct involvement with college safety initiatives
• Consultation with faculty and staff
• Participation in Student Affairs activities pertinent to the well-being of students and the college community, including serving on college committees
SPECIAL NOTE: Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
For more details on this position, please visit our website at http://jobs.csn.edu
College of Southern Nevada recognizes that embracing diversity maximizes faculty and staff contribution to our goals and provides the best opportunity for student achievement. CSN is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
• Earned doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited program
• Current licensure as a psychologist (the successful candidate will be expected to obtain Nevada licensure as a psychologist within one year of hire)
• Knowledge and skills in short-term psychotherapy models, group therapy, and crisis intervention with a college population
• Significant experience and a strong interest in developing and delivering outreach programs and workshops
• Current licensure in the State of Nevada
• APA approved Internship in a college or university counseling center
• Supervisory experience
• Formal training and experience in clinical supervision
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships with colleagues and to collaborate with faculty, staff, and students in the delivery of psychological services as well as the development of outreach programs and workshops
• Strong interest in providing group therapy
• Experience and interest in program development and evaluation
• Competency to conduct therapy in a second language
Required Application Materials
Required documents (Cover Letter, Resume, and Transcripts) must be attached directly to the ONLINE application. If you are unable to attach the required documents to your ONLINE application, you may send them to Human Resources via email email@example.com or fax to 702.651.5778.
Application Deadline: 08/31/13.
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: