|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Associate Director/Director of Training
Western Carolina University
Counseling and Psychological Services
The Associate Director of Counseling & Psychological Services is a full-time exempt employment opportunity. This position reports to the Director of Counseling and Psychological Services. The Associate Director will provide a central role in all clinical training programs at WCU CAPS. As described below, this individual shall:
(1) provide oversight to the departmentís training programs;
(2) serve as an administrative leader of the department; and (3) fulfill varied clinical responsibilities as a staff psychologist.
As Director of Training, this individual is expected to demonstrate a solid commitment to insuring a high quality of training to the psychology interns and graduate students in clinical training. In this capacity, the Director of Training shall assume primary administrative responsibility for all facets of the departmentís APPIC-approved psychology internship program and provide oversight to other training programs (e.g., training of graduate students from the psychology, counseling, and social work programs at the University). Additionally, the Director of Training will be charged with building the program to become an APA Accredited internship site.
This position requires:
* Ability to work well with others.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills that will allow effective interaction with clients, parents, faculty, staff, medical, mental health and other professionals; also effective interaction with accrediting agencies, especially APPIC and the APA Committee on Accreditation.
* Ability to assume leadership roles within the Center, Student Affairs, and the University.
* Knowledge of laws, and ethics in regard to the delivery of clinical services.
* Strong crisis intervention and consultation.
* Strong organizational skills, ability to manage administrative details, and capacity to keep accurate as well as timely clinical records.
Ph.D, PsyD or EdD in Clinical or Counseling Psychology required. Degree must be from an appropriately accredited institution.
Possession of North Carolina Psychology License or qualified to attain such licensure within twelve months of hire.
Also require five years post-doctoral experience in clinical practice as a Psychologist; one year of experience in a college/university counseling center setting; two to three years of experience providing training (including the provision of clinical supervision).
WCU was founded in 1889 to bring higher education and career opportunities to the western region of North Carolina. A member of the University of North Carolina system, WCU now provides an education to more than 9,000 students from 38 states and 32 countries.
Cullowhee, NC is located in the Mountain Region of the state and is close to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The area is well known for the plethora of outdoor activities, including hiking, kayaking/white water rafting, and biking. Additionally, Cullowhee is near Asheville, NC.
Required Application Materials
To be considered, you must apply online. Hard-copy application materials will not be considered. Please attach a cover letter, current resume and a list of three references (include complete contact information including email addresses and phone numbers).
Position is open until filled.
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: