|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Staff Psychologist/Coordinator Testing and Assessment
Georgia Institute of Technology
The Georgia Tech Counseling Center invites applications for a full-time (12-month) staff psychologist position. This position will also provide training in the area of testing and assessment, coordinate the provision of assessment services to students with learning disabilities and ADHD, and supervise the assessment postdoctoral position.
1. Provide initial screenings/intakes, provide individual, group, and couples counseling.
2. Provide crisis intervention and after-hours emergency on-call coverage.
3. Provide outreach and consultation to campus community.
4. Coordinate provision of LD and ADHD assessments and services to students.
5. Establish liaisons with various campus organizations/groups.
6. Provide supervision and training for graduate practicum students and pre-doctoral interns.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Doctorate in counseling or clinical psychology from an APA accredited program.
2. Currently licensed or licensed within one (1) year of hire in the state of Georgia as a psychologist.
3. Prefer at least 2 years of previous experience in college/university counseling center setting.
4. Experience in providing LD and ADHD assessments.
5. Ability to work collaboratively with others and with other departments within the Division of Student Affairs as well as other campus/academic departments.
6. Demonstrated cultural competence in working with a diverse student population (e.g., race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability).
The Georgia Institute of Technology is one of the nation’s top research universities, distinguished by its commitment to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Georgia Tech’s campus occupies 400 acres in the heart of the city of Atlanta, where more than 20,000 undergraduate and graduate students receive a focused, technologically based education.
Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)*, the Institute offers many nationally recognized, top-ranked programs. Undergraduate and graduate degrees are offered in the Colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts. Georgia Tech is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s top ten public universities in the United States.
Required Application Materials
Application deadline is July 31, 2013. Anticipated starting date for the position is August, 2013, contingent upon funding and background check. Georgia Institute of Technology is an Equal Education and Employment Opportunity Institution. Interested persons MUST submit their application online. To submit an application, please visit the following link: http://www.careers.gatech.edu/career-paths/staff-opportunities-taleo and enter Requisition # 0168529 In addition, three (3) letters of reference and official transcripts MUST be forwarded to the address below: Ruperto M. Perez, PhD Search Committee Chair Counseling Center Georgia Institute of Technology 353 Ferst Drive Atlanta, GA 30332
Send Applications To:
Ruperto M. Perez, PhD
Georgia Tech Counseling Center, 353 Ferst Drive, Ste. #238
Atlanta, GA 30332
This listing expires on: