|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Florida Atlantic University
Counseling and Psychological Services
$50,000-$70,000 Commensurate with experience
The Counseling and Psychological Services at Florida Atlantic University invites applications for a Psychologist position. In addition to administrative duties, the job also includes: providing individual, couples and group counseling, intake assessment; crisis intervention, campus consultation, outreach programs, clinical supervision; professional training and teaching, scholarly activities (professional presentations, leadership, and research) and performing administrative and committee responsibilities as required. Special consideration will be paid to generalists that also have skill sets in research in a counseling center or have specializations in diversity issues.
1. A Doctorate in Counseling or Clinical Psychology from an APA accredited program in a College or University completed before start date.
2. Program must include one year of supervised internship experience in professional psychology at an APA approved Pre-Doctoral internship.
3. At least one year of experience in a college counseling center is also required. Must be licensed to practice psychology in Florida under Chapter, 490.F.S. or license eligible within one year.
4. Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
1. Demonstrated commitment to the highest ethical standards of professional practice, as well as an understanding of and commitment to diversity issues in the delivery and management of clinical services.
2. Ph.D. in and APA approved counseling or clinical psychology.
3. Licensed in the state of Florida as a psychologist.
4. Ability to handle complex crises and/or clinical situations and to provide related supervision, training, and consultation to staff and faculty on as needed basis.
5. Strong communication, critical thinking and organizational skills.
6. Experience in outreach, consultation, and working with culturally diverse populations.
7. Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
8. Experience working with Titanium.
9. Strong program development and evaluation skills required for clinical utilization tracking, clinical services training, and outcome assessment, and quality assurance and utilization review.
Florida Atlantic University, established in 1961, officially opened its doors in 1964 as the fifth public university in Florida. Today, the University serves more than 29,000 undergraduate and graduate students on seven campuses and sites. FAUís world-class teaching and research faculty serves students through 10 colleges: the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters, the College of Business, the College for Design and Social Inquiry, the College of Education, the College of Engineering and Computer Science, the Graduate College, the Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College, the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing and the Charles E. Schmidt College of Science. FAU is ranked as a High Research Activity institution by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
Required Application Materials
Curriculum Vitae and Letter of Interest For information and to apply, visit https://jobs.fau.edu and Search Positions for # 992610, or search by College/Department and select Counseling Center. Individuals requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. Florida Atlantic University is an Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Institution. TTY/TDD 1-800-955-8771.
Negotiable; between 10/1/13 and 1/15/14
Send Applications To:
Boca Raton, FL 33062
This listing expires on: