|Positions in Counseling Centers|
COUNSELOR -Two Positions
CALIFORNIA STATE POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY, POMONA
Counseling Services, Student Health and Counseling Services
: $5,000 - $6,000 per month commensurate with experience
Counseling Services invites applications for two Counselor positions (Full-time, Tenure-track, 12 months). These positions require excellence in clinical service delivery including individual, couple, family and/or group counseling, initial screenings/intakes of students seeking services, crisis coverage (including non-life threatening issues) and emergency intervention (including hospitalization), the facilitation of on-campus and external referrals, treatment planning and clinical case management, and conducting psychological testing/screening (as needed). Duties also include indirect clinical services in the form of consultation and outreach services (i.e., psycho-educational programs) to various constituencies on campus (e.g., student organizations, faculty and staff), serving as a resource to university offices in an effort to enhance student life, and providing clinical supervision for unlicensed clinicians. Some evening and weekend hours required to meet workload demands and/or departmental responsibilities, and to provide quality services.
• Possession of a doctorate in behavioral sciences, clinical or counseling psychology, or a specifically related academic field; and a valid license to practice as a Psychologist in the state of California; or if licensed in another state, eligible for reciprocity per CA Business and Professions Code Chapter 6.6 Article 3 ˇ± 2946 (see http://www.psychboard.ca.gov/lawsregs/index.shtml).
• Experience in the following: working in a University and/or College Counseling Center; counseling individuals utilizing professional therapy orientations, techniques, and strategies; providing mental health services to couples, families and groups in addition to individuals; providing crisis intervention and working with a broad range of presenting problems; developing and implementing a broad range of outreach services, including consultation/mediation interventions, training modules, workshops, and presentations; supervising, training, and evaluating unlicensed clinicians.
• Demonstrated ability to perform brief individual therapy, and psychological assessment, especially pertaining to the developmental needs of a college student population.
• Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and competence in addressing the needs of diverse clients.
• Knowledge of and experience with mental health models and policies/procedures related to the field of psychology.
• Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated ability to make effective oral presentations, facilitate an open exchange of ideas, and write clear and concise clinical case notes, documents, and reports.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with and respond to multiple constituencies and make meaningful connections within and outside the counseling center.
• Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions, exercise sound clinical judgment, multi-task and set priorities.
In order to meet the service needs of Cal Poly Pomona students one or more of the following preferred qualifications are desired:
• A valid license to practice as a psychologist in the state of California at the time of application.
• Completion of an APA-accredited doctoral program and an APA-approved pre-doctoral internship.
• Specialty in serving the mental health needs of African American College students.
• Extensive experience working with addictive and compulsive disorders.
• Specialty, interest in, and experience working with survivors of trauma (childhood abuse, sexual abuse, and/or domestic violence).
• Experience in treating eating disorders.
• Experience with psychodiagnostic testing, report writing, and supervising trainees in this area.
• Experience working with serious mental illness in an outpatient setting.
• Bilingual fluency in Spanish/English and competency to conduct therapy in Spanish.
Cal Poly Pomona is a comprehensive public university that is widely recognized for its polytechnic mission and learn-by-doing philosophy. One of the 23 campuses of the California State University, it is consistently ranked as one of the best public universities in the West. Cal Poly Pomona currently enrolls 21,000 undergraduate and graduate students (with approximately 65% representing diverse ethnic groups) and employs approximately 1,000 faculty members. The University is committed to diversifying its faculty and staff to better serve its multicultural student body, and has made educational equity one of its highest priorities. Cal Poly Pomona is noted for its beautiful and historic 1,400-acre campus, once the Arabian horse ranch of cereal magnate W. K. Kellogg. It is located about 25 miles east of downtown Los Angeles in one of the most dynamic economic and cultural regions in the country. Additional information is available at the universityˇ¦s Web site: www.csupomona.edu.
Required Application Materials
A complete application will consist of: „Q Cover letter addressing the candidateˇ¦s interest and background related to each of the requirements listed above under minimum and preferred qualifications. „Q Detailed curriculum vitae. „Q Completed Employment Form, found at: http://www.csupomona.edu/~jobs/how%20to%20apply.shtml „Q Copy of graduate transcripts (official confirmation of degree required for hire). „Q Three recent letters of reference supporting the candidateˇ¦s match with the requirements listed above in the position description and qualifications. „Q Contact information (including name, address, and phone number) for these 3 references so that they can be contacted should the candidate become a finalist.
Review of complete applications will begin August 5, 2013 and will continue until both positions are filled. Please submit all application materials by e-mail to: Counseling Services Faculty Counselor Search Committee c/o Leslie Taylor-Contla 3801 W. Temple Ave, 66-116 Pomona, CA 91768 E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax to: (909) 869-6775 Phone: (909) 869-3220
Send Applications To:
Pomona , CA
This listing expires on: