|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Counseling and Psychological Services
This residency provides a new professional with supervision of direct service provision required to accumulate the number of supervised hours of practice needed for application for licensure as a professional psychologist, culminating in full certification as an independently functioning psychologist. The new professional in this position will participate in a variety of supervised activities, representing a wide breadth of professional psychology in the university counseling center setting, which includes: direct service, indirect clinical service, psychological assessment, diagnostics, psycho-educational outreach programming, consultation, teaching, curriculum planning, supervision of clinical services (as a supervisee, and potentially, as a supervisor of students in training), staff planning and coordination meetings and professional development, research and performance evaluation.
A background check is required for employment in this position.
Purdue University is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.
• Completion of all formal requirements toward Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Counseling or Clinical Psychology including a predoctoral internship in professional psychology and all course work and qualifying exams necessary for the title of doctoral candidate; one thousand cumulative hours in supervised practicum courses; and, at minimum, acceptance of dissertation proposal by dissertation committee.
• One-year pre-doctoral internship in professional psychology, preferably in a university counseling center setting.
• Excellent skills as a clinician (assessment, diagnostic and intervention skills).
• Good communication skills (oral, written).
• Planning, problem-solving, organizational, and project management skills.
• Ability to influence and build work relationships among a diverse workforce at all levels.
• Must possess a learning orientation to changing technology impacting psychological and therapy services.
• Personal computer and related software skills necessary.
• Completed Doctoral Degree.
Required Application Materials
The University requires candidates who want consideration to submit a resume and apply online at: www.purdue.edu/careers (go to Careers and Opportunities, then click on Staff Positions), and look for Job Number 1300979. To expedite the search process, a candidate may apply online (as just described) and simultaneously submit to Susan Prieto-Welch a vita, cover letter and have submitted three reference letters on their behalf. These may be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
Review of applications to begin as soon as an application packet is considered complete. (Please see previous section.)
Early to mid-August, 2013.
Send Applications To:
Susan Prieto-Welch, Ph.D., HSPP, Director
601 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907
This listing expires on: