|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Psychiatrist - half time
University of Arizona
Counseling and Psych Services, Campus Health Service
$150k-$165K - prorated to FTE
This half-time position will provide psychiatric services for currently enrolled U of A students seeking care at the Campus Health Service (CHS) , as well as psychiatric consultation for Campus Health medical providers and Counseling and Psych Services (CAPS) counseling staf:
* Provide psychiatric services, including diagnostic work-up, medication evaluation and follow-up.
* Provide psychiatric consultation to CAPS non-medical practitioners.
* Provide psychiatric consultation to CHS primary care staff.
* Provide crisis intervention and brief therapy on a limited basis.
* Supervise psychiatry residents and/or psychiatric nurse practitioner interns as needed.
Campus Health Service is open Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. No evening or weekend hours. No after-hours call. This position will begin by August 5, 2013.
* Medical degree (MD/DO) from an accredited school of medicine or approved school of osteopathic medicine; completion of residency in psychiatry; board certification or board eligibility in psychiatry.
* Licensure by the Arizona State Board of Medical & Osteopathic Examiners.
* Current DEA Controlled Substance Registration Certification.
* Strong diagnostic and psycho pharmacological skills.
* Training and experience in delivery of outpatient psychiatric services in a system setting.
* Demonstrated excellence in clinical skills.
* Ability to work with students in crisis situations
* Background in providing psychiatric consultation in a multi-disciplinary setting, with both medical and non-medical practitioners.
* Comfort in working collaboratively with other psychiatric staff on shared patient responsibility.
* Experience in a university setting or working with college students.
* Ability to work with students in crisis situations.
* Demonstrated cultural competence and background in working with ethnic minority and international patient populations.
*Alternative language competency.
The University of Arizona is a state land grant university of 40,000+ students, including undergrad, grad students and students in professional degree programs.
The student population is ethnically diverse and includes international students from over 110 countries.
The University administration is strongly in support of providing health/mental health services to the student population
The Campus Health Service is part of the Division of Student Affairs and has significant interface with the DOS office and other student affairs departments
The university is located in Tucson, a diverse city of approx 1 million people . It is located on a small plain in the Sonoran desert, surrounded by five minor ranges of mountains. Climate makes outdoor activities feasible year round.
Required Application Materials
Required Application Materials Online application quick link: https://www.uacareertrack.com/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1371774068671
open till filled. Applications should not be mailed. However questions can be directed to : Dr. Brigid Connolly , staff Psychiatrist firstname.lastname@example.org 520 -621-3334 Dr. Marian Binder, Director email@example.com 520-621-3334 Patricia Rodriguez (HR) firstname.lastname@example.org 520 626-6903
August 1, 2013 or as soon as feasible
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: