|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Tuttleman Counseling Services
competitive, commensurate with experience
The Staff Psychologist/Counselor provides individual, group, couples and family counseling and conducts triage and intake evaluations. As a member of one of the daily walk-in-clinic teams, the Counselor assesses the level of urgency present with students who register for services at the Counseling Center, makes referrals for psychiatric evaluation, refers to other resources on and off campus, provides supervision to trainees, provides didactic seminars as part of the counseling center’s training program and provides crisis intervention services including participation in an urgent care rotation with other clinicians. In addition, the Counselor provides orientation to the counseling center for incoming students, and consultation for students, parents and various offices throughout the university. The Staff Psychologist also performs other duties as assigned.
One evening (Tuesday or Wednesday) and occasional Saturday morning hours are required. Please provide a resume, a cover letter, and three letters of recommendation in addition to your employment application.
Previous experience working in a college counseling center setting is preferred
Required Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to provide individual, group, couples, and family counseling
• Ability to provide consultation to Walk In Clinic team members, TCS staff, TCS trainees, administration, faculty, staff, students, and families regarding mental health issues
• Ability to participate as a member of one of the department’s two Critical Incident Stress management teams to provide debriefing and other interventions for traumatized community members
• Ability to provide supervision to trainees
• Ability to provide education in areas of expertise for the department’s didactic seminar for pre-doctoral interns, and other forums
• Ability to assist in the hiring of new staff and also the selection of trainees
• Ability to participate on a walk in clinic team one day per week providing triage assessments and consultation to other staff and trainees
• Ability to assist in the orientation of new and transfer students and their parents to Temple University and to counseling center services
octoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology and licensure or eligibility for licensure as a psychologist in the state of Pennsylvania
Licensed clinical social workers (LCSW) in Pennsylvania may also be considered. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
In addition to the above qualifications prior employment experience in a university counseling center is desirable.
Temple University of the Commonwealth System of Higher Education in Pennsylvania is a state-related comprehensive public research university with more than 39,000 students. It has a distinguished faculty in 17 schools and colleges, including schools of Law, Medicine, Pharmacy, Podiatry, and Dentistry, and a renowned Health Sciences Center. Temple is one of Pennsylvania’s three public research universities, along with the University of Pittsburgh and Penn State University. Temple University is the 28th-largest university in the United States, and it is the 6th-largest provider of professional education (law, dentistry, medicine, pharmacy, and podiatric medicine) in the country. It has international campuses in Rome, Italy and Tokyo, Japan. The counseling center is on the main campus in Philadelphia, a vibrant urban campus with 10,000 students living on or near campus.
Temple University’s main campus is the home of Tuttleman Counseling Services. It is a thriving and vibrant urban campus that is a few minutes north of center city Philadelphia, a major metropolitan area with all of the resources and excitement of a large city. Philadelphia is rich in history and has top tier cultural, entertainment, and dining opportunities. It is within easy traveling distance to New York City and Washington D.C. as well as the Pocono Mountains recreational area.
Required Application Materials
To apply for this position: Go to the Temple homepage - www.temple.edu Scroll down to the bottom of the page Click on "careers at Temple" Choose "Employees Only" or "Non Employees Only" You can either browse all jobs by clicking on "Find Jobs" or use Requisition # TU-16723 by typing it into the "Search by Job number" box and clicking the "Find Job" button.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. It is best to have materials in by early July.
Send Applications To:
see above instructions for online application
This listing expires on: