|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Tuttleman Counseling Services
competitive, commensurate with experience
Reporting to the Director, the Senior Psychologist provides individual, group, and couples counseling and family consultation to Temple students, and supervises staff and trainees. The Senior Psychologist leads a walk- in clinic team for one day per week and provides consultation on mental health issues for faculty, staff, students, and their families.
He/she also provides crisis intervention services including participation in an urgent care rotation to provide immediate services to at-risk students, and carries the on-call cell phone one week approximately every six weeks. In addition, the Senior Psychologist assists with trauma response protocols, provides education to counseling center staff, and assists in prevention efforts, committees, and outreach initiatives that advance the mission of the department and the division of student affairs. The Senior Psychologist also performs other duties as assigned.
One evening per week (Tuesday or Wednesday)and occasional Saturday morning hours are required.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Ability to provide individual, group, and couples counseling
• Ability to supervise junior staff and trainees
• Ability to lead a walk-in-clinic team one day per week which includes providing triage assessments and signing off on the triage assessments of staff and trainees
• Ability to provide consultation to WIC team members, senior staff, administration, faculty, staff, students, and families regarding mental health issues
• Ability to be responsible for the on call phone for one week approximately every six weeks to consult with Campus Safety Services, University Housing and Residential Life, and other university administration after hours
• Ability to assist in the recruitment, selection, and training of clinical externs, interns, and fellows, and permanent staff
• Ability to work cooperatively with such offices as Campus Security, Student Health, University Housing, the Dean of Student’s Office, and the Sexual Assault Counseling and Education unit
Doctorate in clinical or counseling psychology and licensure in the state of Pennsylvania as a psychologist required.
Experience working in a college counseling center and/or with young adults is preferred.
Experience providing counseling and supervision post licensure preferred.
Doctorate in clinical or counseling psychology and licensure in the state of Pennsylvania as a psychologist required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Temple University, of the Commonwealth System of Higher Education in Pennsylvania, is a state-related comprehensive public research university with more than 39,000 students. It has a distinguished faculty in 17 schools and colleges, including schools of Law, Medicine, Pharmacy, Podiatry, and Dentistry, and a renowned Health Sciences Center. Temple is one of Pennsylvania’s three public research universities, along with the University of Pittsburgh and Penn State University. Temple University is the 28th-largest university in the United States, and it is the 6th-largest provider of professional education (law, dentistry, medicine, pharmacy, and podiatric medicine) in the country. It has international campuses in Rome, Italy and Tokyo, Japan. The counseling center is on the main campus in Philadelphia, a vibrant urban campus with 10,000 students living on or near campus.
Temple University’s main campus is the home of Tuttleman Counseling Services. It is a thriving and vibrant urban campus that is a few minutes north of center city Philadelphia, a major metropolitan area with all of the resources and excitement of a large city. Philadelphia is rich in history and has top tier cultural, entertainment, and dining opportunities. It is within easy travelling distance to New York City and Washington D.C. as well as the Pocono Mountains recreational area.
Required Application Materials
TO APPLY FOR A JOB: Go to the Temple homepage - www.temple.edu Scroll down to the bottom of the page Click on "careers at Temple" Choose "Employees Only" or "Non Employees Only" You can either browse all jobs by clicking on "Find Jobs" or type Requisition # TU-16726 into the "Search by Job number" box and clicking the "Find Job" button. Please provide a resume, a cover letter, and three letters of recommendation in addition to your employment application.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. We would like to receive applications by July 1st 2013.
Send Applications To:
online application explained above.
This listing expires on: