|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Oxford College of Emory University
Counseling and Career Services of Oxford College is seeking a dynamic and collaborative individual to join our small multidisciplinary staff in providing culturally competent clinical services and outreach programming to our diverse student body.
Responsibilities of the position include: conducting intake evaluations, risk assessments, and triage assessments; providing counseling services (including individual, couples, group therapies and crisis intervention); coordinating suicide prevention program; developing and fostering relationships with faculty and staff; providing referral and consultation services; supervising masters level therapy practicum students; and offering campus outreach.
This position is an annual 9 month appointment. Please note: the salary range noted above is based on compensation for a 12 month appointment. It also reflects the salary range for a licensed psychologist. If you are a LCSW, please expect a slightly lower salary range.
• Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Psychologist
• 2 years prior counseling center experience or experience providing mental health services to a young adult, diverse population.
• Interest in functioning as ISP Coordinator. ISP is a structured, primarily on-line program designed to identify, engage, and refer to treatment students with serious depression or other conditions that put them at risk of suicide.
• Experience with crisis intervention and collaborative work within multidisciplinary team.
• Experience leading stress management/mindfulness groups.
• Experience providing strengths-based or solution-focused counseling.
The successful candidate would:
• be capable of managing a busy caseload
• have the ability to handle spontaneous work demands while undertaking projects that require advance planning
• possess a strong work ethic and a willingness to collaborate
• have proficiency in oral and written communication, public speaking, and leading group discussions
• have broad “generalist” clinical skills in assessing and intervening with a wide range of disorders, concerns, and degrees of pathology in treatment utilizing a time limited model of care
• be available and willing to attend occasional evening or weekend activities.
Oxford College is the two-year division of Emory University, located 38 miles east of Atlanta, on a beautiful 19th century campus. Students at Oxford pursue a rigorous course of study in a supportive learning environment. Roughly 15% of Oxford’s 900 students are internationals; Oxford College is Emory’s most ethnically, culturally, racially and religiously diverse academic unit. Oxford features an intensive liberal arts curriculum with particular strengths in service/learning, student leadership development, and engaged community life. For more information about Oxford College, go to: http://www.emory.edu/OXFORD
Oxford, GA is a small village adjacent to the historic and beautiful city of Covington. Residents of Covington enjoy a charming downtown district featuring a lovely park surrounded by quaint, Victorian buildings housing antique shops, restaurants, galleries, spas, and so much more. Despite it proximity to Atlanta, Covington and Oxford also offer many opportunities for recreation including paved nature trails, hiking, cycling, and its own community orchestra. For more information about the city of Covington, please visits its official website: http://www.cityofcovington.org/Pages/default.aspx
Required Application Materials
To apply, please submit a cover letter and vita. Position will be open until filled with preference given to completed applications received by 7/15/2013. Anticipated start date: August 15, 2013. If you have questions about this position, contact Sandi Schein, Director, Counseling and Career Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Electronic submission of application materials is required. For additional information about this position and to apply, please visit http://www.hr.emory.edu/eu/careers/index.html. Search for JOB# 37592BR
July 15, 2013 Please Note: To be considered for the position, all applicants must submit on online application to Emory HR. See above for detailed instruction.
August 15, 2013
Send Applications To:
Sandi Schein, PHD
600 Haygood Street
Oxford, Georgia 30054
This listing expires on: