|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Boise State University
University Health Services
: Salary is commensurate with experience, plus an excellent benefits package is available for eligible employees, for more information visit: http://hrs.boisestate.edu/careers/benefits/
University Health Services: Counseling
Search # SA-0055-23
Boise State University is the place to B! P0wered by creativity and innovation, we stand uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply for the position of Associate Director of Counseling. The Associate Director reports to the Director of Counseling Services and will be responsible for: providing leadership in helping to carry out the vision and direction for Counseling Services within an integrated services environment; providing management support of the day-to-day clinical operations of Counseling Services; and providing direct and indirect professional mental health services across a continuum for our student population.
You will have the opportunity to:
• Assist with assessment, intervention, and follow up, when necessary and appropriate, for cases relevant to CARE Team needs.
• Provide clinical supervision and consultation for Counseling Services mental health providers.
• Monitor compliance with clinical record keeping standards, HIPAA, ethical standards, and Idaho statues.
• Manage clinical schedules and caseloads of Counseling Services mental health providers, as appropriate to their clinical allocations and other responsibilities.
• Consult and collaborate with counseling, medical, psychiatry and wellness staff within an integrated services environment, as well as with community resources, to enhance effective treatment and assessment for students with diverse life needs and/or various mental health issues.
• Assist in the development of Counseling Services policies/procedures in established QA format, and providing guidance for implementing and carrying out all University Health Services policies, procedures, and protocols.
• Assist Director in budgetary decisions that impact clinical operations, including specific programming.
• Establish effective rapport with university personnel, students, and University Health Services patrons and collaborate with other departments to offer enhanced services to the Boise State University community
• Doctoral degree in Psychology, Counseling or related field, or equivalent professional experience
• Licensed (or license eligible immediately upon hire) Psychologist, Clinical Professional Counselor, or Clinical Social Worker in the State of Idaho
• Five (5) years experience in similar type of work, or three (3) years experience in same type of work.
• Board credentialed or eligible for credentialing in the supervision of professional interns and trainees.
• Supervisory and consultation skills and experience related to the ability to be supportive and encouraging while skilled in methods of case analysis, knowledge of various theoretical orientations and supervisory models, and ability to critically evaluate clinical and professional skills as well as give constructive feedback.
• Clinical knowledge, skills, and experience related to providing individual, couples, and group counseling, such as empathy, listening skills, problem solving, a wide repertoire of intervention and assessment strategies, adherence to pertinent ethical and legal statutes related to the provision of mental health services, awareness of personal and interpersonal dynamics, and a comprehensive understanding of mental health models, policies and procedures related to the field of psychology, clinical counseling and social work.
• Crisis management skills and experience related to assessment, intervention, collaboration, and utilization of crisis referral resources.
Regarding the University:
Regarding the University Health Service Department:
Regarding the City of Boise:
Required Application Materials
Please submit a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for this position. Attach a resume/CV that includes employment history (including dates of employment) and three professional references with contact information. Required documents should be emailed to: Trisha Garcia-Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
Open until filled
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: