|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Competitive & Commensurate with Experience
Counseling Center (IACS accredited)
Full-Time, Administrative & Professional Faculty, Exempt Position #GA216
The Counseling Center at Longwood University is seeking a Staff Psychologist with the skills and creativity to share our commitment to excellence and who would enhance the diversity of our staff. We welcome applications from both entry level professionals and those with several years of experience. The Staff Psychologist provides clinical services (individual, couples, and group therapy; consultation and crisis response) to Longwood University students and provides training and clinical supervision to undergraduate interns and masters-level trainees. The Staff Psychologist also performs campus and community outreach; shares rotating emergency/crisis on-call responsibilities; participates in University and Center meetings and committees; consults with faculty, staff, and students; develops and implements consultative relationships with other University units; and attends to professional development. We seek colleagues who strive to work collaboratively, both within the Center and across the campus – those who have strong interpersonal skills and who enjoy building positive working relationships with others. Strong preference will be given to licensed psychologists, applicants with college/university counseling center experience, and applicants with a background in supervision and training.
As the primary designated mental health service on campus, the Counseling Center is a valued component of the Wellness Unit which also includes Campus Recreation, Environmental Health & Safety, Student Health & Wellness, and the Golf Course. The Wellness Unit is an integral part of the Division of Student Affairs at Longwood University. Notable features of this IACS accredited center include a well-respected reputation for ethical delivery of services, long-standing training program, and established and evolving collaborations with Academic Affairs and campus partners. For more information about our center, please visit www.longwood.edu/counseling
This is a 10 month full-time position (negotiable to 11-12 months).
• Master’s degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology; Doctorate in Clinical or Counseling Psychology preferred
• Commonwealth of Virginia licensed or eligible for licensure within two years
• Evidence of well-developed skills in clinical diagnosis, psychotherapy / counseling, crisis management, and psychoeducation
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals in terms of identity and clinical presentation
• Experience in clinical supervision and training of trainees
• Programming, outreach, and consultation with campus partners
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Earned doctorate in Counseling or Clinical Psychology from an APA-accredited program
• Successful completion of an APPIC-registered internship, preferably APA-accredited
• At least one-three years experience in a college or university counseling center, or with college-age clinical populations
Founded in 1839, Longwood University is one of the oldest public institutions of higher education in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Today, Longwood is a coeducational, comprehensive public institution offering 100-plus majors, minors and concentrations to more than 4,800 students. Undergraduate programs include business administration, education and human services, nursing, and the arts and sciences; graduate programs include education, communication sciences and disorders, English and sociology, and an MBA program.
Required Application Materials
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, vitae, graduate transcripts, contact information for three references, “Release of Information,” and “EEO Data Collection Form” (found on our website at http://www.longwood.edu/hr/24381.htm, under “Recruitment and Hiring” – the EEO form is voluntary) (indicate position #GA216) to: Human Resources Longwood University 201 High Street Farmville, VA 23909 Phone: 434-395-2074 Fax: 434-395-2666 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Send Applications To:
Human Resources: Position #GA216
Longwood University 201 High Street
Farmville, VA 23909
This listing expires on: