|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Coordinator of the Sexual Assault Counseling and Education (SACE) unit
Tuttleman Counseling Services
commensurate with experience
Coordinate the Sexual Assault Counseling and Education (SACE) unit within Tuttleman Counseling Services. This includes providing individual and group counseling and referral services for survivors and perpetrators of sexual assault as well as other students requesting counseling services. Provide supervision to an assistant coordinator, as well as graduate clinical trainees in psychology or social work and other staff as needed. Provide education aimed at the prevention of sexual assault and sexual harassment and the support of sexual assault survivors. Participate in departmental and university wide committees that address the areas of sexual assault and related areas. Provide consultations to the campus community. Provide outreach and orientation to students. Must be a licensed psychologist, or a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the state of Pennsylvania.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
• Provide individual, group, couples treatment, and family consultation and intervention to Temple students
• Cooperate with other offices in regard to established protocol for handling sexual assault.
• Develop and coordinate a network of support services and resources for survivors of sexual assault.
• Serve as Team Leader for one of the daily walk-in-clinic triage teams.
• Provide crisis intervention; counseling and referral services to Temple students.
• Assist on one of the departmental trauma response teams using Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) Protocols. This requires occasional after hours interventions.
• Carry the departmental on-call cell phone for one week approximately every six weeks to consult with Campus Safety Services, University Housing and Residential Life, and other university administration after hours.
• Serve as a primary ombudsperson to victims/survivors of sexual assault.
• Maintain appropriate client records and program data.
• Provide referrals to other university offices and outside agencies and practitioners as needed.
• Assist in the recruitment, selection, and training of clinical externs, interns, and fellows, and permanent staff when there are vacancies to be filled.
• Work cooperatively with such offices as Campus Security, Student Health, University Housing, the Women’s Studies Department and CASA in efforts relating to the prevention of sexual assault.
• Assist in the development and implementation of programs on the prevention of sexual assault for all new student, faculty and staff during their respective orientation process.
• Participate in the department’s prevention and intervention efforts through support of campus wide initiatives.
• Assist in orientation to the counseling center for new and transfer students, and parents.
• Develop and present all required periodic reports on the activities of the CASA unit.
• Evening and weekend hours as required.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Serve as a resource consultant regarding sexual assault and sexual harassment to the Office of Equal Opportunity Compliance university ombudspersons program.
• Assist the rest of the TCS staff in Trauma Response efforts using Critical Incident Stress Management protocols.
• Serve on departmental and university-wide committees.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Licensed psychologist or Licensed clinical social worker in Pennsylvania.
Licensed psychologist or Licensed clinical social worker in Pennsylvania with five years of experience in a university counseling center and extensive experience providing clinical supervision.
Temple University of the Commonwealth System of Higher Education in Pennsylvania is a state-related comprehensive public research university with more than 39,000 students. It has a distinguished faculty in 17 schools and colleges, including schools of Law, Medicine, Pharmacy, Podiatry, and Dentistry, and a renowned Health Sciences Center. Temple is one of Pennsylvania’s three public research universities, along with the University of Pittsburgh and Penn State University. Temple University is the 28th-largest university in the United States, and it is the 6th-largest provider of professional education (law, dentistry, medicine, pharmacy, and podiatric medicine) in the country. It has international campuses in Rome, Italy and Tokyo, Japan.
Temple University’s main campus is the home of Tuttleman Counseling Services. It is a thriving and vibrant urban campus that is a few minutes north of center city Philadelphia, a major metropolitan area with all of the resources and excitement of a large city. Philadelphia is rich in history and has top tier cultural, entertainment, and dining opportunities. It is within easy travelling distance to New York City and Washington D.C. as well as the Pocono Mountains recreational area.
Required Application Materials
Log onto Temple’s homepage www.temple.edu Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on careers at Temple. the reference number to apply for the position is TU-16645
applications will be reviewed until a candidate is selected.
October 1st 2013
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: