|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Reporting to the Furman Counseling Center director, this position is necessary to assess and provide psychopharmacological services and psychological emergency management to our students.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Conduct psychopharmacological evaluations, arrive at diagnoses, prescribe medications, monitor responses to medications, and make treatment recommendations for on-going psychiatrist care when needed.
2. Provided crisis intervention services.
3. Serve as on-call clinician.
4. Collaborate with therapists on staff.
5. Help monitor high-risk clients.
6. Attend and contribute to staff meetings.
7. Provide training on psychopharmacology to Furman staff.
8. Maintain patient records in accordance with regulations and policies.
9. Meet regularly with director or associate director to discuss case management.
10. Will have contacts with students, Furman staff, parents, other departments on campus, and outside treatment providers as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Superior skills in psychiatric assessment and diagnosis, psychotherapy, crisis management, and psychopharmacology management
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively within team environment
• Medical Degree
• Completed Residency in Psychiatry
• Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Barnard College is the liberal arts college for women in New York City. It aims to provide the highest quality liberal arts education to promising and high-achieving young women, offering the unparalleled advantages of an outstanding residential college in partnership with a major research university. With a dedicated faculty of scholars distinguished in their respective fields, Barnard is a community of accessible teachers and engaged students who participate together in intellectual risk-taking and discovery. Barnard students develop the intellectual resources to take advantage of opportunities as new fields, new ideas, and new technologies emerge. They graduate prepared to lead lives that are professionally satisfying and successful, personally fulfilling, and enriched by love of learning.
New York, NY
Required Application Materials
CV/resume and cover letter
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: