|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Director of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
Agnes Scott College
The Director of CAPS will
• Broad, “generalist” clinical skills, including experience assessing and intervening with a range of disorders, concerns, and degrees of pathology.
• Crisis management skills and experience related to assessment, intervention, collaboration, and utilization of crisis resources.
• Experience with diversity including, but not limited to, ethnicity, sexual and gender identity, nationality, and religion/spirituality.
• Experience in conducting brief individual, couples, and group psychotherapy with a diverse population
• Familiarity with college or university policies and procedures, student issues and concerns, and campus issues.
• Proficiency in public speaking and leading group discussions.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills (e.g., file management, time management).
• Experience with common office equipment and software (e.g., Microsoft Windows & Office, internet, and general computer knowledge).
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written, and good listening skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and to maintain confidentiality within ethical, legal and institutional guidelines.
• Expertise in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable: brief therapy, DBT, substance abuse, eating disorders, gender and multicultural issues.
• Multicultural competence.
Education: APA-approved doctoral degree in counseling or clinical psychology with 2-3 years of post-license experience required.
Experience: Previous college or university counseling center clinical and administrative experience required.
Professional Certification: Must be licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Georgia.
Agnes Scott sits on 100 acres shaded with some of the state’s oldest trees. Our hometown is Decatur, a city that lies six miles from the center of Atlanta. MARTA (Atlanta’s rapid transit) stops three blocks from campus.
The Collegiate Gothic and Victorian red brick-and-stone buildings have won national awards for design and resulted in Agnes Scott’s recognition for the second most-beautiful campus in the country by The Princeton Review’s Best 361 Colleges (2006). Our campus consists of 28 buildings and an apartment complex.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is part of the Wellness Center, which also provides primary health services, psychiatry, chiropractic, nutrition and massage. Including the Counseling Center Director, the Wellness center has 3.5 FTE licensed mental health providers plus 3-4 doctoral level practicum students.
Required Application Materials
Please visit our website for application information: email@example.com
Negotiable; before fall semester begins (8-26-13)
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: