|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Psychology Postocdoral Position (Assessment)-REPOSTING
Georgia Institute of Technology
The Georgia Tech Counseling Center invites applications for a new full-time (12-month) psychology postoctoral position to provide psychoeducational assessments of Learning Disorders and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorders. This position will be responsible for providing psychoeducational assessments to Counseling Center clients and student-athletes as well as providing direct counseling services (e.g., individual, group counseling). This position will work closely with the Office of Disability Services for Students (ADAPTS-Access Disabled Assistance Program for Tech Students) and the Athletic Association.
1. Provide psychoeducational assessments of learning disorders and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorders.
2. Liaison with Office of Disability Services for Students and Athletic Association
3. Provide initial screenings/intakes, provide individual, group, and couples counseling.
4. Provide crisis intervention and after-hours emergency on-call coverage.
5. Provide outreach and consultation to campus community.
6. Establish liaisons with various campus organizations/groups.
7. Provide supervision and training for graduate practicum students and pre-doctoral interns.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Doctorate in counseling or clinical psychology from an APA accredited program.
2. Experience and competency in conducting pscyhoeducational assessments, including assessment for Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and Learning Disorders.
3. Understanding of laws and documentation requirements related to disability and accommodations in a higher education setting.
4. Ability to work collaboratively with others and with other departments within the Division of Student Affairs as well as other campus/academic departments.
5. Demonstrated cultural competence in working with a diverse student population (e.g., race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability).
The Georgia Institute of Technology is one of the nationís top research universities, distinguished by its commitment to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Georgia Techís campus occupies 400 acres in the heart of the city of Atlanta, where more than 20,000 undergraduate and graduate students receive a focused, technologically based education.
Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)*, the Institute offers many nationally recognized, top-ranked programs. Undergraduate and graduate degrees are offered in the Colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts. Georgia Tech is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Reportís top ten public universities in the United States.
The Georgia Tech Counseling Center provides individual, group, and couples counseling as well as outreach and consultation to the Georgia Tech campus. The Center is staffed by licensed psychologists and counselors. The Center serves as a pre-doctoral internship and practicum training site for graduate students in counseling and psychology. The Center is accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services (IACS) and the internship program is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) and a member of the Association of Postdoctoral and Psychology Internship Centers (APPIC).
Required Application Materials
To submit an application, submit a cover letter, curriculum vita, and three (3) letters of reference and official transcripts.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Send Applications To:
Ruperto M. Perez, Ph.D.
Georgia Tech Counseling Center, 353 Ferst Drive, Ste. 238
Atlanta, GA 30332
This listing expires on: