|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Nurse Practitioner-Part Time
University of North Florida
The University of North Florida Counseling Center is hiring a part-time Nurse Practitioner. The Nurse Practitioner will work under a collaborative agreement with the consulting psychiatrist of the Counseling Center to provide psychiatric services to a university student population. This person will have demonstrated interest and experience in one or more of the following clinical areas: anxiety, depression, working with students of color, LGBT students, alcohol and other drug issues, working with men, veterans concerns, personality disorders, and/or body image and eating disorders.
The successful candidate will have outstanding skills in providing psychiatric services in a setting that provides time-limited therapy; with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across cultures and with clinical and non-clinical colleagues, campus departments and student groups; and the ability to provide outreach/consultation to campus constituents on a range of mental health issues. The Counseling Center is an IACS accredited institution. The successful candidates will assist us in our ongoing effort to build a multiculturally competent staff capable of serving the needs of a diverse student body.
Specific duties and responsibilities as a Nurse Practitioner may include, but are not limited to:
1. Providing general psychiatric assessment, medication evaluation and follow-up services for university students;
2. Providing crisis intervention and emergency psychiatric assessment and medication evaluation services for university students;
3. Providing psychiatric consultation services to Counseling Center staff, student groups, faculty and staff within the university community;
4. Participating in psychological emergency, crisis intervention and trauma response
5. Training/supervising of interns, externs, practicum students and other trainees
6. Participating in various Student Affairs/University activities and committees
7. Evaluations for Disability Resource Center regarding accommodations related to psychiatric disabilities
8. Other duties as assigned
• Must have completed an accredited Advanced Nurse
Practitioner (ARNP) training program and be
licensed as an ARNP in the State of Florida.
• Minimum of Master’s degree strongly preferred
• Board Certified as a Family Psychiatric Nurse
The University of North Florida (UNF) is a public university with an enrollment of over 16,000 students. It is located in Jacksonville, Florida on a 1,300 acre natural preserve that includes lakes and nature trails. The University is organized into five colleges which offer 54 undergraduate, 28 masters and 3 doctoral degree programs, with noted business, coastal biology, nursing, nutrition and music programs. UNF has been named one of the best colleges in the Southeast for four years by The Princeton Review and one of America’s best colleges by Forbes Magazine.
Jacksonville is located in northeast Florida on the banks of the St. Johns River and adjacent to the Atlantic Ocean. It is the most populous city in Florida and the largest city by area in the contiguous United States. The region offers a mild climate, excellent beaches, schools, parks, art and music festivals, theatre, museums, art galleries, shopping, sports, restaurants, a Zoo, Arboretum and Gardens. Many parks provide access to boat, swim, fish, sail, jetski, surf and waterski. There are excellent health care facilities, including Mayo Clinic and Baptist Medical Center.
Required Application Materials
Cover Letter Resume/Vita Names of Three References
For full consideration apply by June 5, 2013. Apply on-line https://www.unfjobs.org Position # 356310
July 15 - Negotiable
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: