|Positions in Counseling Centers|
California Polytechnic State University
Anticipated hiring range: $4,143 - 4,771/month. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The purpose of Counseling Services is to help students achieve and maintain academic success and lifelong health and well-being by providing timely and appropriate professional mental health, outreach, educational services, and campus consultations.
The purpose of this position is to provide individual, couples, and group counseling, crisis intervention, outreach, consultation, and prevention education.
Applicants must have either:
• Possession of a Master’s degree in appropriate field and be licensed to practice in the State of California as LCSW or LMFT along with a minimum of two years of clinical experience post licensure
- OR -
• Possession of doctoral degree in appropriate field and current licensure as a psychologist iin California or eligible for licensure as a psychologist in California within one year of appointment.
[All counselors must be licensed in California within two years of initial appointment.
• Possess generalist skills; ability to diagnose and provide brief treatment, crisis intervention, individual, couples and group counseling.
• Ability to speak publicly; proactively and independently organize, develop and conduct educational programs on a variety of topics; represent Counseling Services to the campus; demonstrate multicultural competence; demonstrate expertise in addressing the needs of students of color and other under-served groups.
• Good written, language and conceptual skills.
• Good time management skills.
• Ability to collaborate and work as a member of a team.
• Ability to actively contribute to a positive working environment by exhibiting solution-focused, positive, cooperative and flexible behavior.
• Preference given to applicants with training and experience in college counseling center.
• Preference given to applicants with experience in providing outreach and psychotherapy to under-represented students.
Required Application Materials
Complete the required online faculty application at WWW.CALPOLYJOBS.ORG and submit to requisition #102863; attach cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts.
Open until filled; application review begins May 18th, 2013.
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: