|Positions in Counseling Centers|
California Polytechnic Sate University
Anticipated hiring range: $2,070-2,386 per month.
The purpose of Counseling Services is to help students achieve and maintain academic success and lifelong health and well-being by providing timely and appropriate professional mental health, outreach, educational services, and campus consultation.
The purpose of this position is to provide individual, couples, and group counseling, crisis intervention, outreach, consultation, and prevention education.
• Licensed to practice in the State of California as a psychologist, LCSW or LMFT by appointment hire date;
• Possess generalist skills and the ability to diagnose and provide brief treatment, crisis intervention, individual, couples, and group counseling;
• Ability to speak publicly;
• Proactively and independently organize, develop and conduct educational programs on a variety of topics;
• Ability to represent Counseling Services to campus;
• Demonstrate multicultural competence;
• Demonstrate expertise in addressing the needs of students from diverse backgrounds;
• Good written language and conceptual skills;
• Good time management skills;
• Ability to collaborate and work as a member of a team;
• Ability to actively contribute to a positive working environment by exhibiting solution-focused, positive, cooperative and flexible behavior.
• Completion of an APA approved or APPIC member doctoral internship; by appointment hire date.
• Experience working in a university counseling center.
Required Application Materials
Complete required online faculty application at WWW.CALPOLYJOBS.ORG and submit it to Requisition #102853. Please attach a cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts.
Open until filled; application review begins May 18th, 2013.
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: