|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Georgia Gwinnett College
Counseling and Psychological Services
$24,000 plus benefits
Reporting to the Director of Counseling and Psychological Services, the Postdoctoral Fellow’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Provide initial assessments, individual therapy, group therapy, and couples counseling
* Provide on-call and walk-in coverage
* Supervise graduate trainee
* Provide preventative and educational outreach to campus community
* Establish liaisons with various campus organizations and groups
* Serve in a consulting role to faculty, staff, and parents
* Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with local mental health professionals to coordinate treatment services and referrals
* Perform other duties as assigned
Individuals must have graduated with a doctoral degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology by the date of employment and have previous experience in a college or university counseling center. Experience working with diverse populations.
Experience in developing and implementing preventative mental health outreach programming. Experience with group therapy and supervision of graduate trainees. Experience working with substance abuse, suicide assessment, and historically underserved populations.
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 35th institution of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century four-year liberal arts college accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools. With a current enrollment of over 9,000 students, including both residential and commuter students.
Located in the greater Atlanta metropolitan area, GGC provides a student-centered, technology-enriched learning environment. Gwinnett County (pop. 780,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education, and information technology.
Required Application Materials
Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, 3 letters of reference, Transcript. Apply online at jobs.ggc.edu. Fax 678-407-5270.
Open until filled. Review of applications will begin May 15, 2013.
August 15, 2013
Send Applications To:
GGC Human Resources
1000 University Center Lane
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
This listing expires on: