|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Assistant Director, Sexual Assault Prevention
Eastern Illinois University
1. Provide counseling, consultation and advocacy to student survivors of sexual violence also including domestic violence, dating violence
2. Provide leadership in the coordination and implementation of sustainable education and training programs
3. Develop and implement on-going training programs
4. Provide expertise in and consultation on intervention with student survivors
5. Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with on-campus and external entities to address these issues through education and training
6. Review institutional sexual violence policies and practices on an annual basis and recommend appropriate changes to the Director of Counseling, the Sexual Assault Taskforce, and the Vice president for Student Affairs
7. Provide administrative leadership to the Sexual Assault Task Force
8. Provide counseling and crisis management to students and outreach and consultation to various entities
9. Attend continuing education workshops to maintain license and remain current on issues of mental health, especially in the areas of sexual violence, dating violence, domestic violence and stalking
10. Provide administrative duties at the request of the Director and/or in the Directors absence
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director
Education: Masters degree in counseling, clinical psychology or social work required, Doctorate in clinical psychology or counseling (ABD considered) preferred. Eligibility to be licensed in Illinois required.
Experience: Experience providing counseling to individuals who have experienced sexual violence and domestic violence required. Crisis counseling experience required. Generalist counseling/therapy skills, including brief therapy required. Demonstrated multicultural competence and commitment to multicultural organizational development required. Training and outreach experience required.
Experience in a college counseling center is highly preferred. Competitive applicants will demonstrate the ability to maintain ones wellness and humor in a highly demanding setting.
Eastern Illinois University is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding staff, faculty and students. All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply.
Required Application Materials
A completed file consists of a letter of interest, a vita, three professional references contact information, an official transcript and a copy of license.
Review of applications will begin May 17, 2013 and continue until on campus interviews are schedule.
July 1, 2013
Send Applications To:
Katie Mc Carthy
600 Lincoln Ave. ,EIU Counseling Center
Charleston, IL 61920
This listing expires on: