|Positions in Counseling Centers|
DIRECTOR OF COUNSELING AND HEALTH SERVICES
COUNSELING & HEALTH SERVICES
Suffolk University seeks an experienced and innovative leader to serve as Director of Counseling and Health Services. The Director provides leadership, clinical, and managerial expertise to a strong college mental health and medical team of clinicians and administrative staff. Counseling and Health Services offers a broad array of services including scheduled and walk-in medical and mental health appointments, urgent care and crisis intervention, individual, couples, and group psychotherapies, peer education, pharmacological consultations and maintenance, student health insurance, electronic records management (ERM), campus outreach, wellness and mental health education; as well as a partnership with Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) and community referral services.
Suffolk University’s mental health/health care program is guided by an integrated model. This approach affords the opportunity for considerable collaboration between Counseling and Health Servicesí providers in a variety of interdisciplinary programs designed to provide holistic care to Suffolk students. Suffolk University has been accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services (IACS) since 1975. It has been a member of the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC) since 1981. The Internship Program in Professional Psychology was originally accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) in 1995 and is accredited through 2017.
1. Doctoral degree in psychology.
2. Licensed as a psychologist in the state of Massachusetts. (preferred)
3. 7-10 years of experience with counseling center administration, preferably in a higher education setting and in a collaborative medical/mental health program model, including experience working with electronic health records.
4. Student service orientation with experience working with diverse populations including traditionally underserved populations such as international students, LBGTQ students, student with disabilities, veterans, nontraditional students transfer students and victims of interpersonal violence.
5. Experience in the management of personnel and financial resources and budgetary planning.
6. Experience and skill in the analysis of complex information or problems to provide a basis for establishing priorities and selecting appropriate courses of action.
7. Skilled in working on multiple projects with competing deadlines and ability to establish goals and workload priorities.
8. Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
9. Willingness to work flexible hours to meet demands of the position.
Suffolk University is a private, co-educational, non-sectarian university located in Boston. Founded in 1906, the University offers bachelors, masters and doctoral degree programs in its Law School, College of Arts and Sciences and Sawyer Business School.
Required Application Materials
cover letter, resume and online application.
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: