|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Counseling & Disability Support Services
The Staff Psychologist works with the Director of Counseling Services to facilitate and support the curricular and cocurricular development and retention of Eckerd students. The Staff Psychologist provides psychoeducational programs, crisis intervention, consultation, disability support and clinical mental health services to students. Additionally, consultation and support services are provided to members of the Eckerd community with particular focus on student life and student development.
Complete Position Description and application procedure found at: http://eckerd.myexacthire.com/ViewJob-42777.html
1. Doctorate in counseling or clinical psychology, or related field. Licensed or license-eligible as a psychologist in Florida.
2. At least two years experience working with young adults in a college counseling center, community mental health agency, or comparable setting.
3. Experience in treating difficult psychological issues, including alcohol/other drug use, eating disorders, sexual trauma, anxiety, depression and school adjustment issues.
4. Expertise in a wide variety of intervention modalities, including individual and group psychotherapy, consultation and outreach.
5. Ability to evaluate educational, psychological, and/or medical documentation to determine appropriate academic/social/community accommodations, and act as a liaison between faculty, parents and students eligible for accommodations.
6. Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
7. Ability to relate to a diverse community.
Eckerd College is located on Boca Ciega Bay in St. Petersburg, Florida, with direct access to Gulf Coast beaches. We are an undergraduate, liberal arts college with a diverse population of 1,850 residential, traditional age students. The Tampa Bay area that includes St. Petersburg and Tampa is home to over 3-millon residents. Visit www.eckerd.edu for more information on the college.
Visit www.stpete.org for information on our city and region.
Required Application Materials
Please submit vitae, letter of interest and list of references electronically at http://eckerd.myexacthire.com/ViewJob-42777.html
Please submit materials by April 30, 2013 for full consideration. Position open until filled.
July 1 - August 1, 2013
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: