|Positions in Counseling Centers|
University of Wisconsin - Whitewater
University Health & Counseling Services
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
The University of Wisconsin – Whitewater invites applications for a Psychologist (1.0 FTE) to serve as Training Director. The University Health and Counseling Services values clinical excellence, collaboration, time-sensitive therapy, and has a deep commitment to the personal and academic development of university students.
• Provide individual, group and couples counseling/therapy for students.
• Develop and convene one treatment and/or support group during the fall and spring semesters. (e.g., eating disorders, ACOA, process therapy group, adult survivors, anxiety, depression).
• Provide individual clinical supervision to counseling trainees. Trainees receive a minimum of two hours of supervision per week. Provide leadership for the weekly trainee group supervision meeting, and maintain the training manual. Coordinate the annual search, recruitment, and interview process for counseling trainees.
• Provide consultation services to faculty & staff regarding student mental health needs and current mental health issues.
• Participate in weekly case conference.
• Maintain the appropriate license/certification for psychologists. During each biennium, psychologists must complete 40 hours of continuing education.
• Provide on-call emergency coverage during regular business hours, minimum one day per week, for students in acute emotional distress.
• Participate in a minimum of one UHCS outreach initiative each academic semester.
• Participate in committee appointments, program planning and development, evaluation and improvement of service delivery.
• Ethical practice is to be guided by the code of ethics of the clinician’s respective professional organization.
• Assume other responsibilities as assigned by Executive Director of UHCS
A Doctoral level clinician with at least five years of experience. Experience with clinical supervision and experience in higher education are desired. Preference will be given to applicants who have completed an APA-approved academic program and internship. Current independent license as a Psychologist is required. Wisconsin licensure as an independent practitioner is required within one year of hire. The preferred candidate will have demonstrated interest and/or experience in issues related to training. Applicants must possess well-developed interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills and have the ability to relate to a diverse university community.
Founded in 1869, UW-Whitewater is a premier public, regional university with an enrollment of 11,000 students in 45 undergraduate majors and 13 master’s degree programs. UW-Whitewater is part of the 26-campus University of Wisconsin System. Located in a community of 12,000 residents near the scenic Kettle Moraine Forest in southeastern Wisconsin, Whitewater is within convenient driving distance to the metropolitan areas of Milwaukee, Madison, and Chicago.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is an EEO/AA employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply
Required Application Materials
A complete application will include a letter of interest, resume, and the names, relationships, addresses, and telephone numbers of five professional references. From this list, please request three of your references to send letters of support. Electronic submissions are encouraged. Official transcript(s) and a background check of the successful candidate will be required prior to appointment. Names of applicants may be disclosed unless requested otherwise. Names of finalists will be released.
Applications received by April 15, 2013 are ensured consideration; position will remain open until filled.
June 1, 1023
Send Applications To:
Dr. Jill Mallin
800 West Main Street
Whitewater, WI 53190
This listing expires on: