|Positions in Counseling Centers|
University of Iowa
University Counseling Service
The University Counseling Service is actively recruiting applicants for a half-time staff psychologist
position that would be located in the College of Dentistry and would serve students enrolled in
programs of the College of Dentistry. This position is funded for a two year term with a possibility
of renewal based on satisfactory performance and continued availability of funding. We are
seeking a candidate who has training and experience in providing a full range of psychological
services to the post-graduate student population, including assessment, individual and group
counseling and psychotherapy, psychoeducational programs and faculty and staff consultation.
The successful candidate will be appointed as a staff psychologist in the University Counseling
Service and be physically housed in an office in the College of Dentistry. Starting Date: August 12,
2013 or as soon as possible after that date. To ensure full consideration, submit application
materials by March 25, 2013.
1. Earned doctorate in counseling, clinical, or school psychology from an APA-accredited program.
2. Reasonable and relevant post-degree experience (typically 1-3 years) or satisfactory completion of a pre-doctoral internship.
3. Skill and experience in individual and group treatment with a university/college student population; programming and consultation with campus constituencies, and supervision of counseling and psychotherapy.
4. Eligibility for licensing as a psychologist in the state of Iowa.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Proficiency in computer software applications.
1. Special training and experience in working with students enrolled in health science programs
2. Skill and experience in designing and delivering educational programs
The University of Iowa, the first public university in the nation to admit men and women on an
equal basis, currently has a student population of 30,825. The University offers undergraduate
and graduate programs which are specially recognized in the areas of creative arts, medicine, and
space science. Of the total enrollment, 9% are minority students and 7% are international
students. Approximately 85,000 people live in the cities of Iowa City and Coralville.
The UI College of Dentistry enrolls nearly 400 students in various post-baccalaureate curricula.
The College enjoys wide support on campus and in the community and trains 320 future dentists.
The College also provides specialty training to another 75 dentists in all dental specialties.
The University of Iowa College Of Dentistry and the University Counseling Service have made a
strong commitment to recruiting, retaining, and serving culturally diverse persons.
Required Application Materials
To apply for this position visit our website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu (requisition number 62355).
To ensure full consideration, submit application materials by March 25, 2013.
August 12, 2013
Send Applications To:
http://jobs.uiowa.edu (requisition number 62355).
This listing expires on: