|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Staff Psychologist (2 positions)
Metropolitan State University of Denver
Full-time, 12-month position. Duties include short-term individual, couples and group counseling; crisis intervention; initial evaluation; consultation and outreach; psycho-educational workshops; clinical supervision; training and supervision; liaison/consultant relationships with faculty, staff, and administrators; and crisis intervention in the University’s Counseling Center. The Center is IACS-accredited. The successful candidate must have the ability to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of a diverse urban population
1).Earned Doctoral Degree in Clinical/Counseling Psychology from a regionally accredited institution.
2) Demonstrated effectiveness in working with diversity issues.
3) Licensed or license-eligible as a Psychologist in Colorado. If license-eligible, licensure must be completed within one year of hire.
4) Three years previous experience post-doctoral as a mental health practitioner.
5) Previous experience with supervision of mental health trainees.
6) Experience with brief and short-term models of psychotherapy
1). Experience with substance abuse prevention and intervention.
2) Clinical interest or experience with eating disorders.
3) Experience with psychological assessments.
4) Experience and expertise in working with Latino(a) issues and/or Asian populations.
5) Experience in conducting outreach presentations.
6) Strong oral and written communication skills.
7) Strong commitment to building a team environment.
8) Strong interest in working in a counseling center environment.
9) Strong interest in interacting with the on-campus academic community.
10) Bilingual in English and Spanish with a high level of bilingual speaking ability.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is one of the preeminent public, urban colleges in the nation. With more than 24,000 students, MSU Denver boasts more undergraduate Coloradans and more diverse students than any other institution in the state. MSU Denver’s high-quality academics, unsurpassed faculty and affordable tuition make it an exceptional value for both undergraduate and graduate education in Colorado. The University offers bachelor of science, bachelor of arts, bachelor of fine arts and bachelor of music degrees as well as master’s degrees in professional accountancy, social work and teacher education (M.A.). Located in downtown Denver, MSU Denver shares the 175-acre Auraria Campus with two other post-secondary institutions. Pursuant to Colorado Open Records Law, written materials in a search process may be open for inspection by the public.
Rocky Mountain region, with scenic mountain views. Provides opportunity for a host of outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, fishing; proximity to world class skiing areas. Bright and sunny most days; comfortable winters.
Required Application Materials
1.Resume 2.Cover Letter/Letter of Application 3.Three names, titles, and telephone numbers for Professional References
April 8, 2013
July 15, 2013
Send Applications To:
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
This listing expires on: