|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Staff Therapist/Psychological Testing Specialist
Counseling and Psychological Services
The successful candidate will bring generalist clinical skills and experience, along with expertise in psychological testing. This staff member serves on the Testing Team, interviewing and testing Purdue students referred for learning disabilities, AD/HD or developmental disorder psychological testing; interpreting test results; writing reports; and providing feedback to students. This person is responsible for follow-through with forwarding reports and letters to designated individuals or agencies. This staff member also provides therapy to students (via various modalities), and supervision to therapists in training, as needed. This person attends pertinent staff and team meetings, and will participate in staff planning and coordination meetings, as well as professional development activities and in-service presentations. This staff member assists, as needed, in outreach and consultation, teaching, administrative, research and related activities.
• Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from an APA-approved program.
• Must be licensed or immediately license-eligible in the State of Indiana.
• One year of general therapy experience working with young adults, with special areas of emphasis in psychological testing for LD/ADHD and developmental disorders.
• Supervisory experience.
• Diagnostic assessment and intervention skills in the abovementioned areas.
• Excellent skills as a generalist therapist.
• Strong organizational and written skills are a must.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential in all aspects of this job, as is independent judgment and discretion.
• Ability to make decisions about urgency of patient problems.
• Superb understanding of and adherence to professional ethics.
• Must relate well to students, medical and professional personnel, faculty and other members of the University community.
• Experience providing mental health services to collegiate populations.
Required Application Materials
For consideration submit resume and apply online at: www.purdue.edu/careers and reference Job Number 1300335. In addition to applying online please submit the following: A letter of interest, a current resume or vita, and three letters of reference sent by the letter writers. Candidates and reference letter writers may send materials to Dr. Prieto-Welch electronically, if they wish to do so. This set of materials will constitute a completed application. Once an application is complete, the search committee begins the review process.
Send Applications To:
Susan Prieto-Welch, Ph. D., Director
601 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907
This listing expires on: