|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Staff Psychologist (Coordinator for Suicide Prevention and Crisis Services
Georgia Institute of Technology
The Georgia Tech Counseling Center invites applications for a new full-time (12-month) staff psychologist position to serve as Coordinator for Suicide Prevention and Crisis Services. This position will be responsible for coordination and implementation of educational programming and outreach to students, faculty, and staff in the area of suicide education and prevention. In addition, this position is responsible for coordinating the Centerís crisis response plan to provide services to students, faculty, and staff in the aftermath of a campus critical incident. Student Affairs is committed to effective, meaningful assessment of all programs and services. Position will be responsible and held accountable for the gathering, interpreting and analyzing of data for the purpose of continuous improvement.
1. Coordinate and implement educational programming and outreach to students, faculty, and staff in the area of suicide education and prevention.
2. Coordinate the Centerís crisis response plan to provide services to students, faculty, and staff in the aftermath of a campus critical incident.
3. Provide initial screenings/intakes, provide individual, group, and couples counseling.
4. Provide crisis intervention and after-hours emergency on-call coverage.
5. Provide outreach and consultation to campus community.
6. Establish liaisons with various campus organizations/groups.
7. Provide supervision and training for graduate practicum students and pre-doctoral interns.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Doctorate in counseling or clinical psychology from an APA accredited program.
2. Currently licensed or licensed within one (1) year of hire in the state of Georgia as a psychologist.
3. At least 2 years of previous experience in college/university counseling center setting.
4. Ability to work collaboratively with others and with other departments within the Division of Student Affairs as well as other campus/academic departments.
5. Demonstrated cultural competence in working with a diverse student population (e.g., race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability).
The Georgia Institute of Technology is one of the nation’s top research universities, distinguished by its commitment to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Georgia Tech’s campus occupies 400 acres in the heart of the city of Atlanta, where more than 20,000 undergraduate and graduate students receive a focused, technologically based education.
Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)*, the Institute offers many nationally recognized, top-ranked programs. Undergraduate and graduate degrees are offered in the Colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts. Georgia Tech is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s top ten public universities in the United States.
The Georgia Tech Counseling Center provides individual, group, and couples counseling as well as outreach and consultation to the Georgia Tech campus. The Center is staffed by licensed psychologists and counselors. The Center serves as a pre-doctoral internship and practicum training site for graduate students in counseling and psychology. The Center is accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services (IACS). The internship program is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) and a member of the Association of Postdoctoral and Psychology Internship Centers (APPIC).
Required Application Materials
Interested persons must submit their application online. To submit an application, please visit the following link: http://careers.gatech.edu/career-paths/staff-opportunities-taleo, job # 0167822. In addition, three (3) letters of reference and official transcripts should be forwarded to the address below: Ruperto M. Perez, PhD Search Committee Chair Counseling Center Georgia Institute of Technology 353 Ferst Drive Atlanta, GA 30332
April 19, 2013
August 1, 2013
Send Applications To:
Ruperto M. Perez, Ph.D.
Georgia Tech Counseling Center, 353 Ferst Drive, Ste. 238
Atlanta, GA 30332
This listing expires on: