|Positions in Counseling Centers|
University of Southern California
Student Counseling Services/Athletics
University of Southern California Student Counseling Services and the Athletic Department are seeking qualified applicants for a full-time, 12-month Clinical or Counseling Psychologist/Sport Psychologist position.
The psychologist will provide professional individual and group psychotherapy, outreach, performance enhancement, and other mental health services with student athletes. The duties will include crisis management and triage, and may include supervision. The psychologist will work as part of the clinical sport psychology team.
The University of Southern California is an urban private research university located near downtown Los Angeles. USC has a population of approximately 33,000 students, which includes undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree students. The university has the one of the largest international student populations in the country. USC is a NCAA Division I Athletic Department with approximately 650 student athletes and 21 sports.
• Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Counseling or Clinical Psychology from an APA approved institution.
• APA accredited internship.
• Meet the licensure requirements to practice psychology in the State of California as outlined by the California Board of Psychology within a reasonable time period. A candidate must recognize that continuation in this position will require this license.
• Expertise in working with African American college students.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and analytical skills.
• Available to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
• Experience in a university college counseling setting.
• Expertise in substance abuse/dependence, stress management, and/or anger management.
• Experience in intercollegiate athletics, working with student athletes, or personal experience as a student athlete.
• Experience doing CBT.
• Extensive work with culturally diverse college student population.
USC is a private university, established in 1880. It is a world-class research university and the oldest private research university in the West. It is known for its nationally renowned competitive sports teams. The diverse student population is made-up of approximately 38,000 students: 17,500 undergraduates and 20,500 graduate and professional students. Fourteen percent of the incoming freshperson class are classified as first-generation college students. USC attracts students from all over the United States and the world. In fact, USC has the largest international student population in the country.
Required Application Materials
Submit a letter of introduction, resume, and three professional references by March 30, 2013 to Robin Scholefield at the address below. Applications will be reviewed as received. Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Background check will be required. USC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
March 30, 2013 or until filled.
Send Applications To:
Robin Scholefield, Ph.D., Coordinator of Clinical and Sport Psychology Services
ESHC Student Counseling Services; 1031 34th St. Suite 304
Los Angeles, CA 90089-3261
This listing expires on: