|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Professional Services Provider I - Counseling Psychologist
University of North Texas
Counseling & Testing Center
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Competitive benefits package.
The Counseling and Testing Center at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Professional Services Provider as a Counseling Psychologist. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Provide personal and career counseling to a diverse student population
* Supervise and train practicum students
* Conduct group counseling
* Participate in emergency phone coverage evenings and weekends
* Present workshops in areas of expertise and make presentations to specific groups
* Consult with faculty, staff, and concerned others
* Licensure must be obtained within two years of the starting date as a requirement for employment and employee must maintain licensure in Texas in order to continue employment
The successful candidate will possess a PhD in Psychology, Counseling, Clinical or Educational Psychology or "All but Dissertation" (ABD); and one year of related experience required. Requires licensure or eligibility for licensure as a Psychologist in the State of Texas.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Prefer college counseling center experience or predoctoral internship in a college counseling center, community mental health or closely related experience
* Demonstrated knowledge and competence in time-limited treatment modalities, crisis management, career counseling, clinical supervision, and provision of services to a culturally and ethically diverse student population
* Fluency in Spanish is desirable but not required
* Ability to relate effectively with students, colleagues, faculty, staff, and administrators
* Possess strong student services orientation
* Ability to function within the organizational and administrative structure of a university counseling center
By providing access, welcoming diversity and strengthening our collaborations with our many educational, business and community partners, as well as building new partnerships across the globe, UNTís faculty and staff work each day to prepare students for the challenges they will meet in our changing world. As one of the nationís largest public universities and the most comprehensive in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, we are dedicated to providing an excellent educational experience to our 36,000 students. UNT is a student-focused public research university with 12 colleges and schools offering 97 bachelorís, 82 masterís and 35 doctoral degree programs, many nationally and internationally recognized.
UNT is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunities (including provisions for training, development, transfer and promotion) for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, or veteran’s status.
Denton is a city in the U.S. state of Texas and the county seat of Denton County. As of the 2010 United States Census, its population was 113,383, making it the 27th most populous city in Texas and the 11th-largest city in the DallasĖFort Worth metroplex. Located north of the DallasĖFort Worth metroplex between Oklahoma and Texas on Interstate 35, Denton is known for its active music life; the North Texas State Fair and Rodeo and the Denton Arts and Jazz Festival attract over 300,000 people to the city each year. The city experiences hot, humid summers and relatively few extreme weather events. Itís diverse citizenry is represented by a nonpartisan city council, and numerous county and state departments have offices in the city. With over 45,000 students enrolled at the two universities located within its city limits, Denton is often characterized as a college town. As a result of the universitiesí growth, educational services play a large role in the cityís economy.
Required Application Materials
Please submit a resume, a cover letter and three professional letters of reference with the online application at https://jobs.unt.edu/.
We will begin reviewing applications by February 25, and the position will remain open until filled.
Send Applications To:
apply via UNT webpage
This listing expires on: