|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Behavioral Health Consultant/Primary Care Counselor
University of Denver
Health and Counseling Center
The Behavioral Health Consultant/Primary Care Counselor (BHC) offers mental health services to primary care patients within an integrated health care clinic. This involves using a brief screening tool, generally the PHQ-9, to identify patients who are experiencing emotional distress or mental health issues at the time of their medical appointment. The BHC performs brief, 30-minute assessments and interventions aimed at decreasing depressive or anxiety-related symptomatology at the time of patientsí medical visits. This position relies heavily on providing psycho-education and teaching skills to help patients manage their symptoms. Behavioral Activation, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and Solution-Focused techniques form the basis of most interventions. Patients are seen for one to four sessions and/or referred to other therapeutic services as needed. The BHC works closely with medical, counseling, and psychiatric providers to address the holistic health care needs of the University of Denver student community. This position is also involved in the daytime and after-hours crisis support system, and at times participates in outreach activities on campus as appropriate. This position is also responsible for assisting with case management, referrals and follow-up for students and EAP clients seeking treatment. This is a benefited, .75 position and reports to the Director of Counseling Services.
1. Licensed or license- eligible within three months in the State of Colorado as a psychologist, LCSW, or LPC.
2. Experience in behavioral medicine in a medical facility or college health center.
1. Experience with supervision and crisis intervention.
2. Multiculturally competent, excellent collaboration and consultantion skills, experience with the PHQ-9 or other brief screening measures used in medical settings.
3. Demonstrated commitment to the principles of Inclusive Excellence.
1. Experience in working with a multi-disciplinary team.
2. Two years experience in university/college counseling center.
3. Experience with outreach, prevention and groups.
The University of Denver is a Private University located in the Denver metro area with undergraduate, graduate, law school and professional school students. The HCC also provides EAP services to staff and faculty. Total student population is approx. 12,000.
Denver is located in Colorado in the Rocky Mountain region. Boasting 300+ days of sunshine a year, Denver is a quick drive to the mountains and is an amazing place to live. Excellent restaurants, an active music scene, as well as an incredibly array of children-friendly activities make the Denver metro area an appealing place to live. We are considered to be a "quality of life" city and state!
Required Application Materials
Submit application online. Cover Letter and Resume/CV required.
Position is open until filled. We are no longer accepting applications.
Flexible, but as soon as possible
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: