|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Utah State University
Counseling and Psychological Services
Psychological interviewing and psychotherapy/counseling services (individual/group/couples).
* Supervision and training of doctoral-level trainees and undergraduate paraprofessionals.
* Outreach, consultation, and psychoeducational services for students and other constituents.
*Psychoeducational and/or psychological assessments.
* Full participation in administrative and professional activities (e.g.: staff and division meetings, case conferences, peer consultations, professional development, reports, paperwork, etc).
* Practice of all responsibilities in accordance with ethical and professional standards and state laws.
Doctoral degree in clinical, counseling, or professional psychology (ABD considered if defense date is set and confirmed by program).
* Able to be licensed in the state of Utah within 1 year.
* APA-accredited doctoral program and internship.
* Clinical experience in a university counseling center.
* Generalist base of knowledge and experience in psychotherapy; i.e., theories, processes, and elements of therapeutic change
* Experience with psychoeducational assessment.
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Effective personal work skills (self-motivated, timeliness, adequate organization, productivity, reliability, sound judgment, accuracy, etc.)
Experience in areas strongly related to mental health needs in a college population (i.e., eating disorders, anxiety disorder, affective disorders, axis II disorders)
* Experience providing supervision
* Background in and desire to conduct group therapy
* Skills and experience in providing psychoeducational workshops relevant to the campus community
* Experience with and understanding of the following special issues: cultural, ethnic, and gender diversity; rural mental health; religious diversity and rural mental health.
* Familiarity with developmental and other non-medical models of treatment and supervision
* Strong interpersonal/community skills
Founded in 1888 Utah State University is a land-grant, public research university.
- Main campus: 400 acres
- Statewide university-owned acreage: 7,000 acres
The University is located in the beautiful Cache Valley of Northern Utah, surrounded by the natural splendors of the Wasatch Mountains.
Required Application Materials
Please copy and paste the following link to your browser to see the detailed job description and to apply http://jobs.usu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=58325 Application, Vita, Transcripts, 3 Reference letters
Open until filled
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: