|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Loyola University Maryland
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications; full benefits package.
The Counseling Center staff at Loyola University Maryland invites candidates to join a cohesive and diverse professional staff in in providing an integrated service delivery model of student-centered clinical approaches, multicultural competencies and social justice advocacy, creative preventive public health programming and applied research, and supervision and training of Post-Doctoral Fellows and Externs. Our staff enthusiastically partner with university colleagues, within a small, liberal arts university, in the Jesuit Catholic tradition, in promoting a healthy, inclusive, and caring community for all students. Loyola University Maryland has achieved recent success in attracting a more racially/ethnically diverse student body, and we are seeking candidates with demonstrated interest and expertise in providing culturally-responsive clinical services, group counseling, and outreach and public health programs. Opportunities to coordinate an administrative area of counseling center responsibilities will be available after the completion of the first year of employment.
Essential Responsibilities of the Position
• Clinical triage and initial assessment evaluations, brief individual and group counseling, crisis intervention/on-call rotation, post-crisis interventions, caseload management, outreach and consultation, supervision of Postdoctoral Fellows and Externs.
• Demonstrated competence in providing culturally-responsive clinical services, relevant group and outreach programs, and advocacy for diverse visible racial/ethnic group students.
• Strong interest in designing and implementing campus-wide public health outreach initiatives, including suicide prevention.
• Doctorate in Counseling or Clinical Psychology, with at least one year of fulltime Post-Doctoral clinical experience in a university counseling center.
• Immediate eligibility for licensure as a psychologist in Maryland required.
• Strong interest and competence in clinical assessment and brief psychotherapy, case management and follow-up, crisis intervention, and significant demonstrated experience providing culturally-responsive counseling and outreach services to students of diverse racial/ethnic groups and other cultural identities.
Loyola University Maryland is a Jesuit Catholic university whose mission is to inspire students to learn, lead and serve in a diverse and changing world. Loyola is committed to academic excellence, the ideals of a liberal arts education and the development of the whole person. Loyola University Maryland provides its community with opportunities for developing an examined life of intellectual, social, and spiritual discernment, continuous learning, and service. The University enrolls over 3,917 undergraduate and over 2,600 graduate students. The Division of Student Development, of which the Counseling Center is a part, strives to complement the mission and goals of Loyola University by providing a variety of programs, activities, and services that enhance the educational experience of students while promoting a sense of community among students, faculty, administration, and staff.
The Counseling Center is located on the university’s Evergreen Campus in northern Baltimore. It is situated between several long-standing Baltimore neighborhoods and near several well-established educational institutions, which creates an inviting environment with access to a great variety of resources. Baltimore has a wonderful array of neighborhood and ethnic restaurants, museums, cultural activities, sporting events and residential communities.
Required Application Materials
All candidates must apply at http://careers.loyola.edu, submit online cover letter, curriculum vita and a list of three references. Please also have three letters of reference, one from a current or most recent clinical supervisor or colleague who can speak to clinical practice, and graduate transcripts sent to: Psychologist Search Committee, Loyola University Maryland, Counseling Center, 4501 N. Charles St., HU 150, Baltimore, MD 21210.
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Send Applications To:
Psychologist Search Committee
4501 N. Charles St.
HU 150, MD 21210
This listing expires on: